What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Yeah, K1 600, had it from new.

2. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Lovely bike....great that you have kepted it ....I wish I had kepted my k5 which I think still looks better than the new model...

3. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Yeah, it's a great bike. I really can't bring myself to part with it.

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I am a very happy chappy. Saw a set or mint original VTR exhaust cans (pair) on eBay last week. Only had one bidder at 50 quid. Just made my bid of 87 quid with 20 seconds to go, and scored them for 77 all up inc 10.00 for postage. Made my evening:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. pbc5786

pbc5786 New Member

I used my bike for daily commute so its perfectly fine and on the way:D

6. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Same here...after checking the weather on 4 different apps to make sure I wouldn't be caught in any rain :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just ordered a swag of bolts, washers and spacers from Nutjob (https://nutjob.ie/) to re-fit original exhausts to my VTR.

What a simple and painless process it was, AND, I am confident it would be FAR cheaper than my local dealer where every bolt and washer seems to start from two quid.:rolleyes:

I know others on here have recommended Nutjob. Just wanted to reinforce its worth to newer members.:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Good sunshine this morning. Pulled out my RR4 and headed for my 'A' road to Worcester. Bit windy, but was getting into it (seeing as I have to acclimatise to different bikes all the time:)) when I fly over the top of a crest and notice a MASSIVE black cloud on the horizon. Looked as full as bull's testicles, so I tickled the Tokikos, hooked a Uey, and made it home just in time to roll the bike into the shed.

But that's not the worst of it. Was about 5 spots of rain, the cloud blew over the next friggin' county with not a further drop of rain to be seen. Couldn't be buggered digging the bike out again, doing a 27-point turn, the mandatory pre-ride polish:D, and getting kitted up.

For the younger members, this is the stresses of retirement that awaits you. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

UPDATE: 'Simple and Painless'? No Way!!!!!!!!!

Checked tracking on Monday and it said delivery attempted - no one home. (I had been home all day)
    Emailed Nutjob and was told it's being delivered by Parcelforce today (Tues). No delivery.
    Email Nutjob again and am told that the parcel is held in Customs and I have to make arrangements to receive. All it is is a bag of nuts and bolts!!

Nutjob website gives no warning of this, and is not mentioned in any way in their T & Cs. The failure of the company though is the insistence that the delivery would be effected today, when the parcel had been held in Customs all along.

Have requested cancellation and refund on the basis that the parcel could be contaminated with drugs/illegal imports and I would be deemed responsible. I am betting they'll refuse that point blank.:(

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

FURTHER UPDATE:

What a weird company. I'm told package is held in Customs. I'm phoning left, right, and centre to trace the consignment. Nut Job won't answer my emails - last one 2 days ago.

So, just moments ago I'm sipping coffee and wondering which bike to go and polish:), when out of the blue a damn courier delivers my goodies to the door? Even a bonus pack of sweets inside! So now, it'll be tools instead of polish and some serious exhaust changing!

180927 Nut Job.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Well all's well that ends well.

Good result in the end, even if customer service was a bit sh*te

12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

VTR back to quiet mode, but looking good: (but pending some serious side stand polishing:rolleyes:)

180927 Original Exhaust.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

#7553 Boothman, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Wish I did!!!!!

I have 5 in my lounge room; one in a heated and de-humidified shed, and one on the rear patio beneath enough plastic to cover Wembley Stadium.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Finally fitted heated grips. The bike has the option of factory fitted grips and has the ignition switched power connector behind the headlight, just 4 screws and there you are. I did make up a lead to convert it from an OEM 2 pin to superseal in case I decide to run the grips from another feed, or even plug something else in during the warmer months.

Wife's birthday tomorrow so won't be my usual early Saturday morning ride to test them out properly, but they will hopefully be tested before much longer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Just took the black beastie for a pleasant Autumnal blast in order to satisfy a sudden Spam Fritter urge :)
    That's the great thing about bikes isn't it....you'd never jump in your car and drive aimlessly for 30 miles full of joy for a nibble on a fritter would you :D

20181004_151659.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Absolutely, some people think I am daft getting up at 6am on a Saturday to ride for an hour to Starbucks or some random cafe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Winter boredom tinkering has arrived starting with a sprocket nut.

20181010_190024-2016x1512.jpg

Keep looking up underslung calipers but most places saying you need aftermarket wheels for clearance? Would love a set of dymag but no chance atm!

19. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Me and the missus went on an evening ride to the Woods for an overpriced cup of dishwater :p First real ride in the dark for the missus and the girl did good. Plenty of idiots around though as per normal, but was nice that one bloke we let pass easily in traffic took the time to come over and say thanks.

Season ain't over yet :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Unreal weather 3pm this afternoon 24c.....rain of the morning had dried up so took the opportunity for a spin...rode over to a freinds and popped on a 7 by 5 plate looks much neater ...looks like heavy rain at brands BSB give that a miss and watch it on TV...

• Like Like x 2