What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

1st thing this morning mist and fog in the coasta del south 4c.....so went off in the car to the beach for a walk...by 11am sun breaks out ,and starts to clear up damp patches got home and went out for a quick spin for a hour at 3pm ...19c unreal for this time of year lots not to many cars around but enough to knock it back a bit....great to get out...

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Nothing and not been on it for ages. Keeping fingers crossed for a Saturday morning ride to the coast.

Screenshot_2018-10-23-18-22-04.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Only 2 - 6 degrees for us in the Midlands on Saturday, but Sunday's looking good!

4. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

Ordered a new tail light unit, since my newly "refurbished" one is having some leds malfunctioning... :'(

5. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Same sat looks grim but Sunday will be 11c so I'm out make the most of it.........once the gritters come out chucking salt boulders everywhere it will stay in the garage....

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Had to MoT the VF. Unfortunately the rear shock had seized due to it being layed up for so long under the previous owner. Settled for a YSS (http://www.yssshocks.co.uk/rearzmonoshock.html) made in Thailand mainly because the bike is hardly used. Quite surprised at its performance so far, but then again it hasn't suffered any more than 10 degrees lean angle nor a road any rougher than a Tesco car park.:rolleyes:. All done and dusted for another year though! None due til February now.

7. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Think I posted in here a while back about a guy I seen wearing a cap under his helmet, I've seen him a few times since and he's still rocking the same look.

Today though, I seen a guy riding a Harley wearing a turban and some shades. Only ever heard of that on Only Fools and Horses.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Holding on to a slim chance of a ride tomorrow, but if I make it I think I'll have fuel stabiliser in my pocket ready to top up near home and get it around the system ready for the lay-up :(

today.jpg tomorrow.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Was doing the same moments earlier!!
    Not looking too bad although a bit nippy.

Getting the bike out later to go through tyre pressure etc. Anyone running Metzeler M7 rr and what pressure you got them set at?

Normal weather and colder weather settings?

Attached Files:

10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I run the M7's Paul, I have them at 36/36 but now winters coming and it's mainly A to B riding I've popped them back to 36/42 just to get more miles out of rear.

11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Interesting.......I've been running front 36 rear 38. I get why you increase the pressure a bit to reduce tyre wear but I'm more inclined to drop them a couple of PSI for wet or cold weather road riding? Not sure if it' right or wrong, just something I've done since forever!

12. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I've sometimes left them low too but tbh at this time of year with crappy roads, wet leaves etc I'm just not doing the B roads etc that the 36/36 seems to compliment in the better months. I'm just nipping out for coffee and social at this time now so I may as well bung it up to 42 as it's nearly all fast straights on main roads, and I've found with experimenting in my commuting days that I got loads more out of a 42 rear. But I guess if I was only going to use bike sparingly in winter I'd maybe leave at 36 or 38 like you do.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Dinger78

Dinger78 Active Member

Ordered some stompgrips for the tank, R&G front fork bobbing... Haven't had it long so just waiting for a nice day so I can get it out for a proper ride out somwere...

14. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Managed to get in my 'extensive' loop this morning before the forecast rain:). Been quite damp and windy in W. Mids over the past week.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Filled up and added the stabiliser, stuck her up on the ABBA stand/dolly (what a faff that job is!), gave her a quick once over with the MrSheen and Huggies for the sh*te underneath. Then she’s tucked up for the next couple of months on trickle charge).

53D8EB06-CA55-42BA-AB5F-FA5AF3053488.jpeg

Winter prep kit on the floor

5FDF7DB5-20DE-48B0-9664-D410AB3AAF4A.jpeg

D1C6524D-6D5B-436A-B326-937A242976ED.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, you got the ABBA Moto-glide! I'm on the lookout for second hand or a deal at the NEC. Friggin' expensive for what they are, but very useful I suspect!

I might mention that I use the same stabiliser too. Got a deal on a carton of the stuff, but I suspect it might exceed its shelf life before I use it all:(:
    Stab.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Yep, I remember you posting about the stabiliser, which is basically why I bought it - if it’s good enough for keeping your stable of bikes tip top then I’m in! ...you don’t need hardly any, 10ml for each 11 litres. It’s gonna take you a while to get through your batch load :eek:

Yeah the moto glide is great once it’s all set up.
    I like the warrior/spider stands but I was already committed with the ABBA stand and it made more sense to just add the dolly tray thing to what I already had. I got it a few months ago when they had their money off deals, I think it was August bank holiday weekend.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

What does the Fuel Stabilizer do and why do you need it?

20. hitch

hitch Elite Member

It stops the fuel from degrading into its component parts, stops oxidisation (and therefore rust forming) stops fuel from “varnishing” and gumming up.
    I fell foul in the past of fuel gumming up the injector bodies on my GSXR and varnishing the inside of the tank, unnecessary expense to resolve for the sake of £11 (includes P&P).