What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Keeef

Keeef Active Member

Excellent investment. One of the first items I fitted to mine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Finally got the baffle out of it that had been well and truly stuck in since sitting at the collectors for years .... :rolleyes:

I'd tried everything but no joy so took it down to the man cave where they battered the f#ck out of it and it eventually came out....looks a bit poorly now though lol:D

20200811_113514.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

At least the exhaust is ok
    Poor old boys up there:(
    Your going to be even louder now;)
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Marc

Marc Active Member

Mine went back into it's natural environment today, the back of a recovery truck. Still, does wonders for the MPG and at least with the weather being so horrific I don't miss riding it :rolleyes:

Truck.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. raphael

raphael Elite Member

About time, fuck the neighbours and get a racefit :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Whats happened now!
    I'd be p/x that in if I were you :D

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

Still the ongoing electrical saga. Initially diagnosed as being the battery so a new one was fitted, which after one 60 mile ride went from being rectangular to resembling a football. Also gave off quite an interesting smell so the garage said in no uncertain terms not to fit a new (third) battery until they'd gone over everything and got to the root cause.

I suspect my p/x value would now be impacted by the fact I've well advertised my uncanny skill for buying the worlds only unreliable Fireblade. I suspect mine was built on the production line on a Friday afternoon, circa 4:45pm. Rumour has it it was also the day Honda outsourced manufacturing to Ducati. Annoying thing is I still love the bike on the rare occasion it works, I'd have ridden it into the sea long before now if I didn't, accidentally of course ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Keeef

Keeef Active Member

Swollen battery not good... Could it be overcharging? I would check the voltage regulator is working properly.

9. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Oil change and brakes stripped and cleaned:)
    Wish I hadn’t to be honest:(
    After reading someone on here ask“ how long before you take your engine covers off and clean behind them“
    I thought while I’m doing the oil change this seemed a good idea just in case stones have got behind them:(
    This is where my guts fell:(
    Looks like the previous owner or the dealer:eek: put them on there For a reason and it was to late to protect it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    93D4C5D1-3395-41C7-91DB-2B24F3E7F6AF.jpeg

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  10. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Poor show that dude. Any recourse action available? Or are we way past it? I know it’s frustrating, even if you put the covers back in you’ll still know what’s hiding behind. That’s the problem with these usable show pieces; they have to be perfect! I know mine does and I’m somewhat deflated with minute stonechips etc. Hope you get it sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Doesn't look too bad mate. Hard to tell from the pics but I'd be surprised if it was the result of any more than a very minor slide.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

To late for any action:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It is very slight I agree
    But it is the nicest bike I have ever own and it just gets you best I do everything I can to keep it clean
    I gave the panels and wheels Three coats of polish when I got it, just a shame I didn’t take the covers off:mad::mad::mad:
    Lozzy has always took the piss out of my saucepans but now I know why this style is on:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Makes me wonder if it was a track bike and that’s why the panels looked so clean (changed for track) and no other scuffs not even mirrors
    Oh well if you don’t buy new what else can you expect:(

13. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

A mate of mine dropped his blade pulling out of a junction and it had quite a bit more damage than yours. Maybe the previous owner just dropped it and controlled it as it went down.

14. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Oh well if you don’t buy new what else can you expect:([/QUOTE]

By the looks of some of your posts mate, you bought it to use it and not be a garage Queen,it must be only cosmetic as you don’t seem to notice any serious faults so I wouldn’t worry too much mate.
    Just for future reference mate, always try and by as standard as possible, the trinkets are all good and well but like you’ve unfortunately found out, they are normally there for a reason

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

By the looks of some of your posts mate, you bought it to use it and not be a garage Queen,it must be only cosmetic as you don’t seem to notice any serious faults so I wouldn’t worry too much mate.
    Just for future reference mate, always try and by as standard as possible, the trinkets are all good and well but like you’ve unfortunately found out, they are normally there for a reason[/QUOTE]
    My thoughts exactly Raphael.

16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

tumblr_n7gnhfc8Hu1smcbm7o1_250.gif

:rolleyes: :p

Flog them hideous things now they're off ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

MOT in an hour... had her a year almost. Mileage this year - 800 miles :oops:

18. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

Thats probably still more than a few users here :D

I know what you mean though, in my 2nd year of owning the blade, at MOT time I had less than 1000 miles from the previous one and thought whether to keep it or not.

If it makes you feel any better, a colleague's father in law did 23 miles in a year on a brand new Street Triple R.

19. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

My friend just passed his test and bought a 2011 er6n with 700 miles on. Was Ridden to test and service only. Bought a bandit once that did 10 miles in two years - and that was me in a test ride. It was trailered to MOT :D once I bought it I realised why :D must do more miles!

• Like Like x 1
  20. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

forgot how ugly the big plate is
    051D5593-568A-4DF0-93A9-AF264DB79FA5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3