What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Keeef

Keeef Active Member

Good move. The shift shaft sticks out a long way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Manfred

Manfred Active Member

MOT and taxed yesterday, small number plate back on and a short, cold ride out this morning.

Translogic QS arrived yesterday and waiting to be fitted. Not sure whether to try and fit it myself

• Like Like x 4
  3. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

If you are capable of removing the tank and airbox it's very straight forward.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Taxed it, is it just me or does it seem much more expensive this year? £105 a year over DD!

Also topped my tyres pressures up and down excited to see how I’ll get in my leathers with a jumper on tomorrow #lockdownweight

• Like Like x 5
  5. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Aaaaaahhh Liam, don't give them wankers the extra few quid in DD! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I only do because I’m hoping to get 7 months out of it this year and I despise paying it all up front in one go. I know it’s a false economy but £8 a month is worth it for the smiles she gives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

You get refunded for any unexpired full months when you SORN it though. It usually works out for me when SORNING in October that I get refunded for 5 months which at new prices equates to £40 refund. It's a cheque through the post which you can pay in through a banking app on your phone, no hassle. That pays towards the oil change before hibernation.

I hate the thought of them wa**ers getting extra money just because of DD.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

The government were the ones years ago with adverts on the tv telling everyone to do things direct debit and it would not cost you extra and then they decide to use direct debit and it costs you:eek::eek: wtf :eek::eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Agreed. £96 for the year and I'll SORN it before the year's out. It didn't make sense why there's an inflated 6th month option as a year is only £8 per month and you get the rest back when SORN'd.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Got a nice 60 miles in today. Little bit cold but oh how I missed the blade! I forgot how f**king sexy it was at 10k rpms in second. Oh the noise! Bring on summer

• Like Like x 3
  11. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Now thinking about selling for a caravan.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Bants

13. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

For your info @John Tuck this is the King Carbon that's on now.

20210330_182305.jpg

20210405_105913.jpg

It had this on originally :eek:

Screenshot_20210405-111526_Chrome.jpg

#11273 Lozzy, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  14. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

Thanks mate, that's perfect! I think I'm gonna replace the standard black tape on that part of the loom with some heat shrink instead when I've got all the pins out. Had an issue with that connector already causing an indicator malfuntion so looking forward to refreshing it.

Does anyone else have any additional suggestions for weatherproofing it? It seems pretty exposed to the elements, that connector over the left side of the rad, so fancy making it as proofed as possible.

I suppose silicone up the back of each side of the connector would be overkill?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alan Davidson

Alan Davidson New Member

So far I've done chain and sprockets (JR 530XL), new CCT, picked up a brand new OEM exhaust for £60 and fitted that, I can actually hear myself think now.. New front tyre to come and I should be ok........ For now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

I can't wait to update this thread when I get back to England in a few months. Been in the states for fifteen months straight now, have ordered a ton of rare and special parts in the meantime, and have a literal stack of goodies I'll be carrying back in my luggage as well as all the stuff I've had delivered home while I've been here (learned my lesson about fucking customs charges ordering from Japan too!).

I must have about £4000-5000 worth or parts going on when I get time with the bike for a strip down and a refresh. Most of that is in the carbon wheels and frame and swingarm covers from Japan, but a whole host of little stuff too. For reference, this is how she looks now, and damn she's gonna be so much sweeter when I finally make it back!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. Alan Davidson

Alan Davidson New Member

Sounds amazing, will be good to see when it's done.

Did you get a Honda E Cushion seat at all? - If so I'll buy it :D

18. Keeef

Keeef Active Member

I am going to sleeve with heat shrink it and tape the ends of the heat shrink to the loom each side to seal. I would avoid using any kind of sealant as it would be a future pita...

19. Krisjg

Krisjg New Member

Finished faffing about with my exhaust plate to make it look Castrol like...plus a host of other jobs completed over winter including the dreaded ABS bleed. Screenshot_20210408-162108_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Looks great that! Well done :)

• Agree Agree x 1