What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Do you have an RCS19 to connect all these brake goodies to?
    ...he says - giggling at the thought of adding things to someone else's shopping list for a change.:p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Decided to strip down the exhaust flapper for a proper clean-up and to drill out the case bolt that broke when I was lubing everything and adjusting it a few months ago.
    ...and promptly broke the stud on the end of the flapper pivot too. :oops:
    Also noticed that the lower cable was starting to fray and that the lock nuts on the upper one are still barely turning beyond the few mill I got them moving the last time.

Had a "fuck this shit" moment and slapped the cover back on with it's one remaining bolt and the cables just dangling loose inside the case. :rolleyes:
    ...and ordered the makings for a DIY servo eliminator. When it arrives I'll rip the lot out and it can join all other junk I've just removed.

Also ordered a fresh battery. Over the last week it's steadily got harder to start again. Volts are good but I don't think the amps are still there.

#11782 Grooveski, May 14, 2024
    Last edited: May 14, 2024
  3. TheGodfather

TheGodfather New Member

No not as yet. It comes with a Bremo master cylinder as standard on the 22 SP though don't know what spec.
    Have to say the brakes have been the best so far in standard trim out of all my last bikes.
    L7 Gixer
    S1000rr M Sport
    ZX 10r

4. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

OEM Brembo gear these days is brilliant. I don't imagine many folk wanting to upgrade from it.
    Was using a borrowed Multistrada there while the Blade was off the road and the brake feel was great.

#11784 Grooveski, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024
  5. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Been looking forward to today. First day off in a while and planned to let the bike stretch it's legs a bit after all the tinkering. It's firing up good again with the new battery and sounds better than ever with the PAIR reeds gone. Can actually hear the engine properly for the first time since I got it. :D

But yesterday on the run to work I blew an indicator bulb. Then on the run back in the dark I was still using it because one indicator running double time is better than not indicating at all...
    ...or so I thought - until all the indicators stopped working. :(
    Out this morning thinking fresh bulb, fresh fuse and off we go - Oban for lunch.
    Didn't even have to open the fusebox. Seen the label on top and thought "Bugger - tail light's still working - must be the relay".

Shows my naivety that I still thought a run was on the cards. "Should be able to afford a relay from the local Honda shop and it should be a five minute job to fit".

Boy was I wrong about the RRP!
    ...so there's one ordered from ebay.
    ...and I'd like to deal a swift kick in the nuts to the numpty in Japan who thought this was an acceptable level of work required to reach a smegging indicator relay. :mad:

[​IMG]

Around then the post arrived and it was the bits for the servo eliminator so change of track, cracked a beer and just started disassembling the bike even more.
    Current state of affairs is I've made up an extension to run back into the bike and round to the fusebox area so I can mount the indicator relay beside all the others where it should have been in the first place. Maybe save future Josh a bit of grief if it ever happens again.

...and am double and treble checking everything I'm doing with the eliminator - because this is exactly the kind of day that could start with a blown bulb and end with a fried ECU. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

P.S. Minimum order for the components was 10 of each. Still only came to a fiver but the rest are spare so if anyone wants any they're up for grabs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. DVK 66

DVK 66 New Member

I need to replace shyte LED indicators with OEM on my 07 and swap the replay as it's flashing too slow, will I have to strip it like that?!!!!!
    if so no wonder the previous MOT'S all advised the indicator speed.

7. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

No, you're in luck.:)

Thanks to Ray for posting this 12 years ago. ;)
    ...because the Honda manual was no help at all, and even though I changed my fairing and later checked my tilt switch I was still clueless this morning as to where I should be looking. :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nigel H

Nigel H Active Member

Fitted the Healtech speedo fixer-upper so I can stop kidding myself that I'm going so fast....

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. DVK 66

DVK 66 New Member

Thanks big man, much appreciated.

10. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Cable tied to the main loom and working fine. No servo - no fault light.
    Happy days. :)

[​IMG]

11. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Bike's been getting enough tinkering time. Today was for gear. :)

Fabsiled the Richa textile suit(my flatmate done his yesterday so hung it back out too to continue drying).
    Done some work gear while I was at it.

Started out by washing off last summer's leftover midgies from the one-piece suit and was going to Nikwax it but then discovered you can get their leather wax in black these days so ordered a couple of tubes to hit it with. Should freshen it up a bit.

Boots polished(I alternate between polish and Nikwax).
    ...and just the summer and in-between gloves left to go. Like the race suit the summer gloves are full of holes so it's more of a feed than a waterproof. Only got them last year and they haven't been fed yet).

[​IMG]

[Edit] Just remembered I've another pair of boots now. :)
    A guy came up to me as I was about to leave a shift a month ago and asked what size my feet were. :confused:
    He'd just knocked bikes on the head and they'd been lying in his boot since then waiting on him finding someone to give them to.
    Racier than I usually go for but fit great and barely been used.

Sod it. Might as well do my winter gloves too.

[​IMG]

#11791 Grooveski, May 20, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Meant to say - after moving it to it's new home the damn relay worked fine. It'd just stuck and faffing about with it got it going again.
    :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Yeah, the Nikwax Black appears to be doing the job. :)
    Will wait for another sunny day to do the full suit but couldn't resist a quick test and it's definitely taking the faded look away.
    Is more fluid than the usual stuff but that's no bad thing. Means it'll soak in better.

[​IMG]

While I'm bandying recommendations around - the 6mm trim clips I got last week are easier to remove again than the other few types I've tried(which I've mostly got pissed off with and removed with a pair of snips :rolleyes:).
    TourMax Fairing Clips 6mm x 12mm Black Plastic Button Type
    £8 for 10 on ebay.

#11793 Grooveski, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 22, 2024
  14. kloun5000

kloun5000 New Member

bought one couple of hours ago for my brother and swept the dust off
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 954.jpg
      954.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 4
  15. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Lucky brother! That colour scheme is one of the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

New tyres arrived for my RRV :) Screenshot_20240608_173025_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

Bike from the Isle of Man,full strip down and clean in progress IMG_2934.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

MOT day for the Fireblade and it passed with no advisories. Best was it was nice and sunny, roads had dried up after the torrential rain yesterday/over night and neither I or the bike got wet - Bonus :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. TheGodfather

TheGodfather New Member

Washed, cleaned, oil and filter change ready for Brno drop off this Saturday

• Like Like x 1
  20. 1000rrboyjay

1000rrboyjay Active Member

9782254F-A301-4152-BF71-0F3AF6F4C00F.jpeg 8k service and MOT, new garage mat too

• Like Like x 7