What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Yeah cheers mate I agree and its good to know. I know there are many people who are somewhat against stickers and like to keep a bike "as it should be" but I think the whole idea of modding even down to adding stickers puts your own mark on the bike and then it isn't just another fireblade... personal preference but I love em!!!!
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. hump333

hump333 Member

I agree with this :thumbup:

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I took Bill for a little ride this morning, hugging the estuary and the coast down as far as the Kingswear/Dartmouth ferry pier. Admired the view across the river then followed my tyre marks home. Thought about the A38 but then thought about the 70 mph wind chill and bottled. I don't mind the cold too much but for the sake of 20 minutes I'm sure it was a lot more comfy my way.

4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Went to one of the UK's main VentureSheild fitting centres today for advice about the kit - verdict was buy standard kit at £90 and place of stickers - now about to wash bike, let it dry and then attempt to fit the simple panels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Interested to hear how easy this is to do yourself, please keep me informed

6. Ukdutypa1d

Ukdutypa1d Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. bubba

bubba Member

8. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

I fitted it to my VFR1200 and found it easy as long as you take your time. You just need to work the shield slowly until it fits, if you don't it will look a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Fitted my new exhaust from steveid102 :D
    As usual my photography skills have cleverly made the exhaust look wonky :confused: if anyone can give me any tips please do, I presume it's down too lighting maybe.
    Anyway what you think..........

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attached Files:

#1669 martinowen, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Well I'm learning lots about fitting it - have put on the top of front mudguard part, tank parts (left, right and centre section) which did not appear to fully line up with each other but that may be how its meant to fit due to curve.
    There is one small air / water bubble so a needle will pop that to flatten it out.

The R1 has some gloss and some matt panels - the venture sheild also has both types so working on gloss finish first - may just finish that today as patience will drop I think - going to remove the lower belly pan fairing parts and fit them off bit as much easier.

its saved £70 and the guys said 'if you have a real problem / disaster with 1 panel you can pop back and we will cut and fit that part but just take your time and you should be fine - you are a customer now and we will help you out as much as we can' - you can't ask for more than that these days can you.

11. Alblade

Alblade God Like

You need to tidy your garage... ;)

12. bubba

bubba Member

looks well martin, the carbon goes nice with the dark blue seat unit:cool:, does it sound better than the scorpion?

#1672 bubba, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  13. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I know garage is awful, I'm embarrassed now its like I have taken a pic of my bedroom with my dirty pants everywhere.

I have only started it quickly to see the sound and it is very loud, I will see how it sounds tomorrow when I take it round the block. I really like the sound of the scorpion but it just stuck out too far as most exhausts on these do and I like the standard(ish) look to the jardine.
    Worst case I will get the scorpion cut down if I don't get on with it but I will give it time to decide

14. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Like that zorst nice seeing one made that isn't sticking out 4 foot

15. lee711

lee711 Active Member

OK before i start i would like to sat a big thanks to Si for the kind donation of the hid kit that i fitted today.. Cheers mate. [​IMG]

So first off I removed the locking cap and find the center.
    IMGP0010.jpg
    Then drill to 25mm diameter.
    IMGP0011.jpg
    IMGP0016.jpg
    Then removed the plastic cover under the nose cone and removed the the mirrors and screen.
    IMGP0012.jpg
    IMGP0013.jpg
    IMGP0014.jpg
    Having previously done the flapper mod and removed all the vacuum hoses and vacuum canister, there was room to stash the ballist .... with a bit of jiggling.
    IMGP0015.jpg
    IMGP0017.jpg

16. lee711

lee711 Active Member

IMGP0018.jpg
    IMGP0019.jpg
    IMGP0020.jpg
    IMGP0021.jpg
    IMGP0022.jpg

In order to get it fit snug i had to reposition the flasher relay.
    IMGP0023.jpg
    IMGP0024.jpg
    IMGP0025.jpg

Tidy up the wires.
    IMGP0026.jpg

Put the HID bulb in connect the wires and put some silicone around the grommet to keep it water tight.
    IMGP0027.jpg

Put everything back together and there we have super bright blue white HID conversion.
    IMGP0029.jpg

Thanks again SI.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Si.

Si. God Like

Looks sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  18. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly, I don't know why they all make them so much longer than standard!

19. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Fitted the replacement chinese exhaust last week. Not without some hitches, the bottom fixing did not meet up with the fixing bracket attached to the bike. Not sure if the rad was shorter or the fixing or combination of both. Anyhow, I fitted both together with a slotted made up bracket and seems OK.

Although I leak tested it after fitting, today I took it out for a test ride. All seems Ok,running at the same temp as usual 81/82 .

Great to have it running again, and great to get a ride on dry roads, cold but very enjoyable.Getting the other rad fixed hopefully, looks like the fan had somehow rubbed against the rad, it must have shifted as there was clearance when I fitted it.

20. mr.h

mr.h Active Member

Fitted these Datatool heated grips... View attachment 8784
    Looks like the AlpineStars Tech heated glove the beloved bought me at Xmas (worn once) will be going on evilbay!!

• Like Like x 1