What new exhaust for a new blade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

that won't effect the warranty?

Any idea Arrow? Akro?

I find my standard can too quiet. but don't want any issues with warranty

What do people recommend? and have on their new blades?

cheers All:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brym

Brym Active Member

Not sure about warranty issues alot of the big dealers were offering performance packs including an exhaust seen various makes, they did not void the warranty did they??

Been looking at exhausts myself will come down to price/personal taste and making sure they don't loose power as some do on the new blade especially with no baffle fitted apparently. The ones you have mentioned are good
    Also consider
    GPR (two styles) http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.ukl
    Leo vince (Four styles) http://www.leovince.com/en/search.
    Scorpion http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/search3.
    Mivv http://www.mivv.it/en/
    Yoshimura if you have £££ looks lovely in my opinion

#2 Brym, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I got a mate with a 09 blade. he's had a Tayormade which I love the looks of BUT made a loss in power on the dyno. Suggested the Arata can.

Like this

Arata Exhausts

4. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

If you can afford it you need to get rid of the standard system and buy a complete system without the catalytic converter. Akropovic are the most popular or Arrows. Titanium systems will save you a lot of weight as well. If it wasn't under warranty I could make a new stainless link pipe for you that would get rid of the cat???

5. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

You can actually remove the cat with a slip on as it's located within the link pipe. Akrapovic do 2 slip ons, one with a cat and another without (race can). I have the Akrapovic race can (it comes with removable baffle). The stock headers are supposed to be very good so I'd say just go for an end can (unless you really need a few extra bhp with a full system).

• Like Like x 2
  6. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I'd recommend a Leo Vince for build quality, performance and value for money.

Be careful with the warranty thing. If you want a chance of keeping your warranty intact, I would say you would probably need to fit something which is road legal (many exhausts come with a removeable baffle of course).

P.S. IMO a full system is pointless for road use (on this bike anyway).

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I really just want something thats a bit louder and looks better than stock. well I think i'll get the bike run in then see whatI can find for the bike I like.

example this is my Speed triple with a Zard exhaust and I loved the noise

it's a bit long but if you check out 17 mins in it sounds like lovely

#7 Remal, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  8. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

nice

was that from the dealer new?

10. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

No mate i got the bike off a friend and he got this zorst ordered after we both looked at them at the NEC bike show..if i was to be a bit critical i would like an infill for the pipes as imo you can see too much of them, but that saying it you were too get the carbon one it wouldnt stand out as 'too much' steel if you know what im saying

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brym

Brym Active Member

I was looking at this but I need to pay for my holiday so probably won't bid.
    Yoshimura carbon exhaust might get it for for around half the retail price £350 ish??
    Ebay link to Yoshi

12. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Any chance of some pix of the collector box and link pipe underneath mate.???

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

I have just bought BOS exhaust for my 05 blade it looks beatifully made, i haven't got it on yet, will wait til its taxed and up and running next month. Ebay £170 brand fire new!!

14. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Some folk (like me!) would recommend that you stick with a well established exhaust manufacturer so you can be sure they've done enough R&D. Also, there's a view that the 08+ models need the S bend which many of the cheaper pipes don't have - this will often mean roughness at low revs/idle and, arguably, a reduction in low end power.

15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Good suggestion. I may ask at my first service what they can do and recommend? So I don't have issues with warranty and such like. I do what to change the can at some point But will report back when I get something sorted

16. Brym

Brym Active Member

Maybe not its at £360 with 4 days still to go :suicide2:

17. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Yoshi r77 is the NUTS. Stainless is nicer than the carbon one as the end of the pipe is all lovely and curvy, its my favorite part to polish.. oh err! PLUS it comes with a really tasty heat shield which follows the lines of the bike - others look like they have bits of fairing missing..

18. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

thats the can I like and that Honda dealer sell with new bikes. may look at that one to start. hoping to find out more at my first service once I get more miles on the bike

19. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi mate, that one for me?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Yaxi

Yaxi Active Member

I was thinking of doing away with the cat and keeping the standard can which i like , i recently rode a cb1000r which was de catted with the standard can ,and it sounded a bit meatier than the quiet stock . The fueling was ok too. anyone else done this ?