What new exhaust for a new blade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. bmwhite2003

bmwhite2003 New Member

If you wanna put a negative comment on this site about a company that's cool mate just don't put it on my comment!! I've given some feedback about what I've bought and my experience doing it, can you delete your comment please mate, cheers

2. Pgm

Pgm Member

if admin want to delete it fair enough I don't see why it messes up your post.

3. DF!

DF! New Member

That's a great deal. I'd go for that myself... if I wasn't waiting for a huge speeding fine!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ravsta

Ravsta Active Member

Might be worth checking my thread. I've just installed a SC Projects CR-T exhaust and it sounds and looks awesome. Fitting takes no time at all. It's a titanium system and weighs next to nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blackgreg

Blackgreg New Member

What about this.. 20160414_233001.jpg 20160414_232955.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. jack930

jack930 Active Member

7. Tdog

Tdog New Member

I just fitted this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. iang27

iang27 Active Member

Was out on Sunday and did 120 miles. First time out since fitting the Akra.
    I have to say that this is the loudest exhaust I have ever had on any bike, including the AR on my RSV4 !!
    The others that were out couldn't hear their own bikes because of mine.
    It was popping, banging, resonating off the trees and walls and could probably be heard miles away, plod could sit and have a cuppa waiting for me to arrive.
    It sounds great but I think it may need the baffle fitted. Calsport told me that they recommend the baffle as the pipe is very loud and they were right.
    In my opinion I think it is louder than the Racefit as the shape seems to magnify the sound. Maybe that's why it's called a Megaphone !

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Edgey

Edgey New Member

Hi

Same can on mine, same view. It is unbelievably loud although in fairness the dealer did warn me that it was. I was out the other day and my brother (who was in front of me) said he couldn't hear his bike over mine and it was running an open can as well!.

The dealer persuaded me to get the baffle when i purchased the bike which i have fitted. Sad (or not) to say it barely makes a difference. As such, and on the principle its best to be caught for a sheep than a lamb I have taken it out. I expect to pulled by plod at some point to which my defence will be that Honda sell the TT SP with one so therefore must be an OE exhaust, m'lud..............

10. Voleracing

Voleracing Active Member

Hi , i have the same exhaust and got stopped by an unmarked police bike, last Sunday. The police officer told me there is no longer a noise limit on exhausts so i did not get a ticket for being too noisy . He did give me a £50 ticket for tampering with exhaust by taking the baffle out. I was going to argue that the exhaust is not sold with a baffle included,its an extra... I know the exhaust is technically not road legal so kept my mouth shut ... £50 not an endorsable offence ( no points ) i can live with that . The funny thing was i asked him if he wanted me to put the baffle in when i got home ? He replied no :rolleyes:

#470 Voleracing, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  11. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

Whats your view on the SP can mate? Noise level, build quality etc?

12. jack930

jack930 Active Member

Ive had no issues with them.build quality is exelent..had a number of them on diffrent bikes...i thought it would be too loud..but im happy with it ..sounds realy nice...using the baffle reduces the noise..

Had a group ride on sunday..and got some nice comments on the sound

And also theres NO (not for road use) on them lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Holmer84

Holmer84 Active Member

What's this one...xkone? What's the noise like? I'm not a fan of loud pipes and have been considering a arrow!

14. Tdog

Tdog New Member

It's not to bad wouldn't want it any louder. Comes with baffle but haven't tried it yet so can't comment. Sounds silly but the faster you ride the quieter it seems to get wether it's because of the extra wind noise.

15. Holmer84

Holmer84 Active Member

Cheers for info, to be a pain any chance you could pop a few more pics of the exhaust on here? Also is it the xkone can?

16. Tdog

Tdog New Member

Attached Files:

17. Holmer84

Holmer84 Active Member

Brilliant thanks..... Liking this can

18. Tdog

Tdog New Member

Honestly for the money can't complain build quality is excellent everything fit where it should. Couldn't justify spending nearly £1000 for the akrapovic slip on ( that a new set of tyres and some track days for the year) I know they are the best bud had the arrow on my 675R and was brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Holmer84

Holmer84 Active Member

Yeah I like this can and the arrow trophy. I've had sc project cans over the past few years but they seem to be getting louder and dearer so can't justify the money for just a can. The only other one I like is the akrapovic one above but dealers told me it was loud and now others have said what they have its off my list.... So arrow will more than likely be the way forward for me too

20. 1000rrboyjay

1000rrboyjay Active Member

I do like the Akra megaphone. Sounds amazing on John McGuinness' race bike. But also love my Akra (whatever model it is)

I got pulled before, copper told me he was gonna do me for no insurance as taking the baffle out voids my insurance (obviously he was put right on that)