What new exhaust for a new blade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. jun

jun New Member

Oh, very similar to the SC too!
    How is it on sound

3. jun

jun New Member

Would the megaphone Akrapovic fit the 2012?

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Some of them have removable baffles. Sound is subjective: what one likes, another might not. A forum member runs one without a baffle; comments are that it's quite loud!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

This may be a frowned upon question, but what is the best set up for overall noise and pops and bangs in revs and down revs?

My reasoning is I bought a Yoshi full system for my little 600rr and it sounds like a mouse eating paper.. so this time I was something louder but more so fun to ride.

Its for a 2017 blade but I don’t think that matters as they seem to sound very similar according to YouTube.

6. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

A full catless system with a nice sized muffler usually does it for me. I had the same setup on my two previous bikes and it was always a good balance of noise/pops and crackles.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Yeah was looking at full akra evo system but I think it’s too quiet. Then I rang calsport who said that the titanium headers with the akra go end can would be around the 150db mark!!!! Dunno if I could live with that

8. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

Yea the videos on youtube dont do any justice.

It is loud for sure, sounds like a proper race bike. But totally livable, not too crazy loud unless you are on max rpm lol..

9. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Cool, thanks for that! Think I will be going for the akra with gp end can although I’d hve much preferred the sc project end can just prefer the look of it! Thanks for the replies however!

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Have a good think Alan-lee.

For the minor difference in decibels you might be wise to choose the can that looks best rather than sounds best. There is nothing worse than one day saying: 'I wish I would have . . .'

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Yeah that is very true! To be honest if I could get the sc project with a decat id have it bought and all, but there’s a big difference in the 2016 and 2017 models because of the euro 4 cat! Still pondering but I think the akra may be the way forward!

12. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

Anyone here got an after-market exhaust fitted that pass 92db-20meter driveby on track yet?

13. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

Ok nice, you welcome.. But dont get the Akra GP slip on if you are getting the Akra headers also. It will be wayy too loud haha. Akra GP slip on with stock headers is great tho :)

14. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Well, from speaking with the official akra dealer it would appear that when you order the headers on their own (not as a full system) the original end can can be fitted.
    So I’ve decided to buy the akra headers and have sent the local dealer conquest carbon a message to see what discount can be given on the sc project end can and will couple those together.

Ordered another few bits and pieces also

• Like Like x 1
  15. jun

jun New Member

Who does best price for exhausts?
    Akrapovic carbon fibre is one may go for, but is on the pricey side compared to SC project

16. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Can someone help me decide please on which cans to look at for my 2015 blade. I want one that is £500 or less, is road legal with the baffle in but has a removable baffle. Is loud, I like the race sound with it ticking over sounding 'throaty'. It must also be easy to fit as i'm useless with a set of spanners! I currently have the standard can on the bike and whilst it sounds good when the valve opens it's still not the aftermarket sound i'm after. It also must not require a PC once fitted or any tinkering with the fueling. I have had Akras before on other bikes and whilst they look great and are superbly built the sound just doesn't do it for me. At the moment i'm thinking Leovince/Scorpion/Arrow but i've not heard any of their cans on fireblades yet so need to do plenty of youtube research and even then I know that doesn't do them justice.

I will spend some time reading through this thread too but the reason i've asked before reading is this obviously dates back to 2011

17. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Yoshi is probably your best bet!

Usually good value for money and come with a baffle.

18. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Thanks but I thought Yoshi was very expensive?! I'm happy to have 2nd hand doesn't need to be new but I think 2nd hand is rare as hens teeth and snapped up as soon as it becomes available.

19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi there, Spoons.

Yoshi are good, have one myself on a 2011. Was going to swap over for Racefit and had the Yoshi already sold, but some imbecile actually WELDED the Yoshi link pipe to the OEM headers, thereby making it a very expensive changeover. Needless to say, I've left the Yoshi on.

However, have a look at Racefit, a few guys on here have them with good reports. I have dealt with the company and found that despite being exceedingly busy, they are very accommodating to our requirements: https://store.racefituk.com/collections/honda-cbr1000-rr

20. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Thanks Nigel i've just had a look but with VAT they are over my budget at £600. I'm hoping for something under £500 really.