What Summer Gloves?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fingers202, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Fingers202

Fingers202 Active Member

It's nearly that time of year to get back on the bike, I'm looking for new summer gloves, as they'll be used for the commute I'd like gore tex lined, leather sports gloves.

Not gore lined, however, does anyone use the Knox Android v.4?

What if any are recommended?

Cheers all in advance.

G

2. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

Held Chikara Goretex. Brilliant.

Screenshot_20210222-203812.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

Not used the MK4 but I’ve got the MK3 handroids. Lovely glove and happily used them. One of the best fitting gloves I’ve had and I love the armour on it and the Boa system. I also had the MK3 handroid pods as well which were identical but with a shorter cuff, but the cuff is still bulky with the boa and can’t really be worn underneath a jacket cuff which is my preference. I ended up selling them as I couldn’t justify owning both pairs.

not waterproof obviously and pretty pricey. They’re not particular well vented either and it gets quite sweaty.

Personally for summer gloves I prefer short cuffed ones which fit under My jacket cuffs. My current pair are Alpinestars SMX air carbon. They have far less armour obviously than a full gauntlet race glove but that’s the compromise I guess.

NB none of the summer gloves i have are waterproof.

my waterproof gloves are Held Air n Dry which have two chambers. A Goretex waterproof chamber with a thermal lining and a sport unlined chamber which gives much more of a sports glove feel but not as well vented on the top.

4. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Held are the best gloves I've had for comfort. Seem to last well too. Last pair are 10 yrs od now and still all together even though they've had a close look at the tarmac.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fingers202

Fingers202 Active Member

Thanks for your help, I'm firmly stuck between the handroid and Held Titan rr, which is ridiculously expensive, however not sure what it offers in daily real life beyond the handroid.

The Air n Dry I was looking at for my wife, it's good to hear that they're potentially as good as they sound.

6. Fingers202

Fingers202 Active Member

Thanks, which model have you? I'm very much betwixt and between in my choice.

7. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I'm using held titan evo's. I remember thinking it was silly money at the time but they are honestly brilliant. Can only imagine the new version is even more refined etc.

8. Fingers202

Fingers202 Active Member

More expensive is the word your looking for!

9. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Haha, they do look good though!

Save yourself a few quid and get the evo version. Seen a few at 170 which is a decent saving over the newest one. Still alot of money for a glove but if you get a good fit you wont regret it.

10. bladey

bladey Senior Member

As they're a bit old now I'm not sure if the models are the same but they look very like the SR-X. Mine are black leather, knuckle protectors and contrast colour palms.

11. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

I've got a set of Titan Evos too. Didn't see a significant difference compared to the RR, just the previous model much cheaper. Epic gloves.

12. bladey

bladey Senior Member

If they made Titan Evos 10 years ago then mine are the same, tan coloured palm leather with black top half. They are great gloves. FC Moto got them at £159.