What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Naz, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Naz

Naz Active Member

Was driving to Kings Cross station in London to pick up my brother and as I’m driving along seven sisters road, 3 hood rats sped out of a side road on mopeds, two on one and one on the other. No plates, no lights on one and you could see no keys as I got closer.

I followed them some distance but lost them as they were weaving in and out of traffic as I crossed a few junctions they re appeared in front of me and blocked the road and then changed direction. Whilst I was driving I called the Police, gave a description explained what i had seen and so on.

Problem is for the police they haven’t really got much to track them with when there’s no plates but I thought if these little so and so’s had been up to no good earlier they may be looking for them and could at least assist some how of mapping out where they have been or have been traveling.

Anyway, I was very very tempted to knock them of their mopeds and thought that would be the right thing to do but then thought what if I get into trouble for doing that.

The police didn’t seem that intrested in knowing my exact location and said they would arrange for air surveillance to look for them. I don’t know if that’s what they would really do with such little information but I dthink my work for the police so can’t say for sure they wouldn’t.

So if it were you in a car and a bike or ped was in front of you with some skanky thieving looking skumbag on it, no plates, no keys what would you do?

If I were on my bike I would be inclined to kick them off but ramming them with a car may be seen as something that would result in you visiting the local nick.

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Being easily confused with a skanky theiving looking skumbag myself (tattooed from my ankles to my wrists), I wouldn't do anything unless they were being deliberately dangerous in an attempt to hurt someone other than themselves.

My days of policing the world are over, my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Probably do you for using your car as a weapon.

I've just been working down south and come across a few when going from Bromley to Fulham (I'm lost outside of Newcastle so don't know the exact places). Surprising how active they are.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Naz

Naz Active Member

I to looked like one many moons ago, so I don’t jump to conclusions but these ones are a different breed of rats. Besides riding wrecklessly I could not say they had in fact done anything or were intending to, but I hate these sorts for being thieving little shits as they were clearly on stolen peds but then again you cannot say for a 100% they were stolen as there’s always the .1% chance the bikes were stolen recovered and these guys were just being dickheads and riding bikes with no plates and not repaired.. but I doubt very much that was the case

5. Naz

Naz Active Member

Rampant like STD’s

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Too often the public adopt the 'I don't want to get involved' attitude - sometimes with good reason, think fear of repercussions, etc.

You WERE right to contact the police. What they choose to do with the information is out of your hands.

As you admit, and as others have said, had you have chosen to 'dismount' said rats, you could have been facing a raft of charges AND civil suit. Consequently, we'd see your nice Blade in the 'For Sale' section.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

It is still seems risky to defend yourself when being attacked let alone pre-emptive strikes against people who have not even touched you. If the bastards were standing over you trying to stab you in the chest with a sword you would still only be allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself.

For an understanding of what is happening to us in the west suggest reading (or audio book) - "The Naked Communist" by W, Cleon Skousen - provides the answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Jesus, you were seriously considering knocking them off for just looking dodgy!? Remind me never to piss you off! Haha. The police have only just got themselves enough protection to start using this technique. If you had been caught doing it against a member of the public you would have been banned as a minimum and if you had hurt one of them you might even be looking at some porridge.

However if you were acting because you or someone else was in clear danger then it's a completely different story and you would be sent home with a pat on the back.

You did the right thing reporting them and steering clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Naz

Naz Active Member

Yeh your all right, you can’t go mowing people down just because your having a Sherlock Holmes moment. They did almost hit my car, must of missed my car by a few inches but even then if you chased them and knocked them down you will end up in the shitter.

If they had actually been doing something sinister then I wouldn’t hesitate in taking some form of action. I just get peed off when I see people like that especially after I’ve had crap like that try it on to get my bike at a set of traffic lights and another occasion was being eyed up by another load of shit bags. It’s so common in London to have these problems and if you’ve seen the news over the last year, the way they have attacked people especially delivery drivers for their bikes, you just can’t help but get angry when you see people like that.

10. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

a stolen kx being ridden by a chav in a hoodie pulling wheelies in and out of traffic ran into the back of my old transit when i was forced to brake hard to avoid a dog running into the road. His trackies did not provide much protection he skinned his arse and right leg and arms and hands. Little shit went mad at me . Old bill were very interested in his man bag thing full of packets of powder. I dont think it was Daz but it did soaked up the spilled fuel on the road nicely. We are played at my work by dicks on stolen crossers flying about. Never a lid on ect so police do nothing. Its mob rule .

• Like Like x 2
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Sure GT. 'The old dog running onto the road' trick. Saved many a soul from embarrassing encounters with constabulary.

Now I suppose, you'll reply and tell us it was all TRUE!!:);)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. hitch

hitch Elite Member

LMFAO

13. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

Nope I got confused I mistook a butterfly for a dog as if flashed across my windscreen . It made the attending officer chuckle anyway.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Saved many a bobby too....in explaining to the Insp why the pandas in a ditch ;)

Nearly as bad as those massive pheasants that knock wing mirrors off all the time :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. paul1966

paul1966 Active Member

should of told the police they had a small numberplate and loud exhaust , they would of sent the helicopter up

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Funny as...
    It's a shame though that that's how it feels.

• Agree Agree x 1