whats my bike worth guys.?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by rocket, Jan 21, 2014.

1. rocket

rocket Active Member

just after a valuation at moment.
    2011 repsol non-abs, i,m the only owner, honda screen, seat cowl, hugger, carbon r77, gipro gear indy.
    bike is truly stunning and has only covered an embarrassing 700 miles. just toying with ideas at moment so need some advice on value?

#1 rocket, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I think it depends when and where you are selling it.

One 'problem' you may face is that you will be up against the 2012 model bikes with new suspension etc.

That said it is a Repsol and they are in demand

2012 Bikes trade in price is somewhere between £7,000 - £8,000 (low I know)

Private sale in spring (if you can find somebody with the cash) you may be able to get 8k - new blades will be on cheap finance again and I am sure they will be around 10.5k - so for many a brand new bike on 0% (or very low rate finance) is cheaper than a 3 year old one.

4. Andy

Andy Active Member

I remember reading a thread a while ago where Arthur had posted a picture of possibly the 2013 glass's guide page, just in case your thinking of a trade in at a dealers

I hope he doesn't mind me posting a copy of his picture

image.jpg

Possibly expect a little less now it's 2014

• Like Like x 2
  5. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Rocket's 2011 Repsol is exactly the type of bike that the right person would buy if they have the money. It's certainly exactly what I was looking for when I bought mine...... Mint Bike with very low mileage, in what some (Me) think of as the best colour scheme. What I have noticed and also read, the more original the bike is, the easier it is to sell. It seems modified bikes are a personal thing and some modifications will instantly eliminate a good percent of buyers. Something as simple as the wrong colour aftermarket levers or an after market exhaust might not be to the liking of a buyer and they will move on.

Certainly worth more than the avarage 2011 Blade.

#5 JimGreen, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Just look at a site like bike trader, and what they are asking for similar bikes, that's before negotiation, and with dealer facilities.

I don't think the mileage cuts much ice with so many low mileage bikes around, 700 miles to say 6K in 3 years, really don't trouble the stats IMO,and I for one, prefer a bike to have been used, rather than sitting idle for long periods of time.

You are somewhere between 6 and 7 IMO.

#6 Kentblade, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014