When you see your old bike....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mattie660, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

What is the etiquette, in polite society, when you see someone has your old bike ?

Do you go over to them and say - hello that is my old bike you have there and give them the story. OR do you not say anything on the basis that it is their bike now and they might not want to hear from someone who has a previous emotional claim to it ?

A bit like - hello that is my old girlfriend you have there !

If you see what I mean ........:D

My old bikes.jpg

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I would say hello, and go by the attitude of the new owner. I would always welcome the opportunity of meeting and talking with the previous owner(s) of my 2011. The fastidious previous owners might also be pleased to learn that their former possession is now in good (presumably) hands.:) In the words of Nike: 'Just do it'.

So you have actually seen yours? So many seem to go out of the area, or moved around by dealers.

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

#bladeshavefeelingstoo

My old bikes.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

In this picture they are (now) both my old bikes !

I spoke to the owner of my old VFR and explained why it was quite high mileage and the reason for selling it (wanted something a bit quicker).

The Blade, I have seen it once since I traded it in last year, but not talked to the new owner - I was just going to keep quiet (not that there is anything wrong with it). But perhaps you are right - better to wonder over and say hello.

So that is the reason for the question - just in case I should see it down at the caff - do I wonder over and say something or leave them to it.

(This might be a bit more common down here in the little old Channel Islands !)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

6. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, mint it is. And they probably didn't even need to detail it!!

Will be a good buy for someone. And being an HRC, it should sell very quick!!:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1