Where are you riding today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mk3golfcab, May 30, 2020.

1. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Did my first full day out on this bike since buying it and it's no where near as comfy as the RR5 was.
    Took a ride to the coast north of the Humber.
    [​IMG]

Dunno who's idea it was to stick a lighthouse in the middle of a housing estate though...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. edderby

edderby Active Member

Took the day off and rode my 2008/9 Blade for 340 miles in the 30C heat around Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire. Favourite bits were Humber Bridge and the twisty winding roads from Woodhall Spa to Market Rasen via Wragby, Bardney, Stixwold etc. Oh, and also the road through Bitchfield and Old Somerby that's often used in MCN and Bike photos. I've ridden this route probably 30 times, which is probably wrong, but it's the best one day ride out that I have concocted from Derbyshire that doesn't involve Wales. I would have liked to have gone to Wales today, but it's still shut...

• Like Like x 7
  3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah I ride the Somerby to Bourne and Wragby to Willingham quite a lot, Great roads :D

4. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Decided to chance a bit of a view and a longer run.
    Lennoxtown > Aberfoyle > Crieff > Killin > Crainlarich > Home again. 210 miles of Campsie and Trossachy loveliness. Barely any traffic. :)
    Set off early to hopefully avoid traffic, lockdown police and the thunderstorms that were forecast. Packed lunch to avoid stopping in civilization. One refill in Crieff.

Breakfast at the carpark in the sky.

[​IMG]

Dukes Pass was still a little gritty but other than that all last year's resurfacing was swept clean and the roads were as good as I've ever seen them.

[​IMG]

New road for the day - Crieff to Aberfeldy - what a gem! Was keeping an eye in my mirrors as there were quite a few bikes out and it struck me as the kind of place where locals eat wobbly weegies for breakfast. Stopped for a roadside nibble in the pass section.

[​IMG]

Swung by the crannog to say hi. Have had fun there in the past. Was all still locked down though so quick pic and back on the road.

[​IMG]

Pulled over just before Tarbet, slipped off my boots and leathers and chilled out on the point for half an hour before the breeze dropped and the midgies descended to avenge all their splattered brethren.

[​IMG]

First real traffic of the day was from there on. Was still chugging along at 60 though so just sat in it and pootled home. Was a relief to hit Erskine Bridge - my neck was starting to hurt from nodding to all the riders who were heading north.

Probably the best summer run up that way I've ever had. Only had to overtake maybe a dozen cars all morning and apart from those it was clear roads. :D Only low point was discovering the average speed cameras between Killin and Crainlarich. :mad:

#84 Grooveski, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Beautiful pics, looks like you’ve had a great day! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Might not be over. My flatmate was heading out to work as I was getting ready and judging by his "slightly jealous" comment an evening run might be on the cards. :)
    Filled the tank when I got back just in case and haven't hung up the leathers or washed the carnage off the bike yet.

7. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Found a nice little road between Otford and Eynsford down my neck of the woods today.
    Also popped my wheelie cherry on the Super Duke :oops: ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Local boy ?

Just the other side of Brands Hatch here

9. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Just setting off to pick up my new bike, then a nice 250 mile ride home on it, will know if it’s any good by the time or get home.... or not as the case maybe ;)

10. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Hope it’s dry down yours as it’s constant rain here - intrigued to see what you’ve gone for. Good luck

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

clear,sunny, dry, but chilly wind. Thanks

12. hitch

hitch Elite Member

I’m in Sidcup.
    Quick run down the A20 under the M25 and up through West Kingsdown and then I just follow my nose o_O :)

13. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

When you know that road, it’s a challenge to see how much speed you can carry through the esses under the railway bridge ;)

14. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Haha, yeah...too fat boys in lycra on their bicycles yesterday :rolleyes:

15. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

There’s been a noticeable increase in unpleasant sights in lycra since lockdown started

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

So............. what have you bought then?

17. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

It’s in ‘other bikes section’

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Popped fresh pads in the front, adjusted the chain then done the Sorn loop in silly bugger mode.
    Front was in the air half a dozen times, back as well twice. Was a gear up from usual just about everywhere. The bike even smelled naughty when I stopped for a break. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Nowhere.:(
    After nippy knickers finally lifts the 5 mile travel limit, we get this!!!!
    3A1321F4-4928-4FD6-8BA6-3921B8868668.jpeg

20. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Apologies, not been around lately had our two gorgeous granddaughter with us this last week, took the SP2 for its first service to GT's in Plymouth, last Saturday and it pissed down there and back, so the dry weather bike is no more !....Tried Damerals at Indian Queens which is the closest but they do not answer there phone so fuck em!

So for some reason had the gear up change stick, then drop and hit the boot, as someone else on here as had, asked them to check. Spoke to the guy who serviced the bike asked him did it happen ..no !! then politely said it was the first time he serviced a SP, tad concerning. ..So first service charged £184 wtf...o_Oo_O Couldn't be arsed to argue with the service desk at the time, so rang them on Monday spoke with the girl I normally deal with, asked why a basic oil service was so extortionate, and what else did they do to warrant a price. Got a call back after 10 minutes got a £60 refund for being overcharged !!!

So I guess it pays to query even if they think your a moaning old bastard !

• Like Like x 2