Which new pads for RR6/7?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by dmc12, Aug 7, 2020.

1. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

My front pads on my RR6 are down to the last mm, if that! Really need to get a new pair on them ASAP. Have got a friendly local shop who'll whack them on for me, but what do people recommend? Will be the random combination of London commuting use and quite a bit of track use on the side, so will need to be all purpose pads rather than anything specific.

Thanks!

2. dern

dern Well-Known Member

I use EBC double H sintered on my 2007 and have since I got it 5 years ago. Always thought they were good on the road and for the last two years have been surprised to find that they have been great on track in novices for hot and cold and wet days.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

I use SBS pads, 806RS,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

Do those fit an RR6? online tool seems to think the 806RS is just for Kawasaki / Suzuki

bit of research suggests these are very well liked and potentially better performance than EBC

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

You're right the 806 pad isn't for the Honda CBR1000RR 2006 model, according to the SBS website it's the 809RS. The point I wanted to make was I use the RS range of SBS pads, they are great on track too.

• Like Like x 1