Which one should I get - HM Superlite or Quickshifter Plus?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Nigelg79, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

As per question...
    On road use only but I want a reliable unit that offers smooth shifting and wondered if paying th extra £100 for the Plus model is worth it?
    Learned opinions welcome...
    Ta

• Like Like x 1
  2. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I got the Plus ss second hand for 280iirc and its smoooooth as can be(seamless some would say) awesome bit of kit. Just seem spend my time going up and down the gears now:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Just bought a Plus SS from Pablo, will hopefully get it fitted weekend after next and try it out!

• Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Wow! What a coincidence!!:D:D

Defo worth the money. Absolutely sure you will enjoy it!;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Massive thanks to you Nige for the instant heads up on it, if left to my own devices I wouldn’t have spotted it for sale until September!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

you'll not be disappointed with the ss, rare they come up for sale, enjoy seamless up shifting. easy to fit too

7. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Cheers mate, looking forward to it. I have the Superlite already fitted so the loom’s already in place.
    Also means there will shortly be an HM Superlite QS for sale on here soon! Any thoughts on how much to advertise it for?

8. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

wouldn't like say but I will, hehe, quick look on fleabay there seem to be selling on bids around £120 with loom plus postage, although some have gone for £180 buy it now, prob depends how quick u want buy one to how much you pay, second hand don't come up to often, theres only 2 for sale on fleabay , and that's not firebale thats 2 second hand superlite on the whole site, if u paid full wack u prob want £150 if u bought 2nd hand prob less

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. karl wesley

karl wesley Active Member

snap,just picked up a ss second hand .never been below the tank before and been quoted £120 for installation,does that seem steep to you guys,bearing in mind i have no mechanical experience,is it possible or better left to someone that knows what they are doing ?

10. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

i'd buy a decent halfords tool kit and a Haynes manual and do it yourself, its a peace of piss, and u have some decent tools too, its good to do a bit yourself save a few £££

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

£120 does seem dear. I thought it was under an hour job from what I've read in other posts. Try another quote if you're not confident.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

As above really, try it yourself. Plenty of instruction guidance in Haynes or the Honda manual. Just take your time and take photos as you go so you know how it goes back. £120 is a lot but would cover an hour and a half labour so fair enough if - the mechanic needs to earn a living! I’d make sure the mechanic sets it up for you though if fitting at that price and you get it guaranteed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dol boy

Dol boy New Member

Hi, I bought the super lite for £250 new and fitted it myself, took about 3 cups of tea = over an hour, but was making sure it went on right first time. Shifts up smoothly when the throttle is pinned to the max, and hasn't let me down for over 1000 + miles so far. Hope this helps

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Exactly what I did, it's seat off, tank cover off, lift tank up so its out the way and support(I used a bungee cord through back wheel.) Then unplug all the wires over the air box and remove screws for the top of the air box. Remove lid and air filter, then trumpets to get to middle screw to remove air box. Lift air box and remove plug and pipe from under side. Remove heat cover from engine and you should see the plugs for the qs to go onto at the front. Plug loom in and run down side of engine(I earthed mine back to the battery as the cable could reach. Then run it so the sender is near gear lever and rebuild.i left display under seat for easy access. (The plugs over the air box will only go back in the right connector) Then once rebuilt just pop the top of the gear rod off the shaft and unscrew to change, put the new one on with the qs in place and give it a try. whilst stationary it won't change gear but will flash up 'shift' on the display. Long as that happens give it a blast, really is an easy job, just looks tricky when you first remove the tank and see all the wires

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. karl wesley

thanks that was great break down of the job,going to give it a go sometime in the week, eta for ss and rod tomorrow,haynes here too ,let you know how it goes,ty all

• Like Like x 2
  16. karl wesley

Followed by a email from HM to say 155mm rod out of stock for 2 weeks.oh well keep u posted

17. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

U should be able to buy it from other sources. I know diamond products sell them. Separate

• Like Like x 1
  18. gurner89

gurner89 New Member

I would make sure you assemble the shifter module and shift rod before finally routing the cable, as trying to screw it all together with the cables all connected is a faf.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Valid point that, mine was already made up when it arrived so forgot all about that:oops:.

• Like Like x 1
  20. karl wesley

well,decided to tackle this yesterday afternoon.Got it stripped and attached to the coils and rebuilt,I have left just the tank cover off as i still need to do shift rod as i ran out of time (sunday night shift) :( looking to complete the shift rod tonight or tomorrow,time dependant.

went pretty well as far as i can tell,used cbrgavs breakdown and the haynes together,

notes :the coils 1 & 4 are a pain to reach without dropping some plastics off,but got them in the end.

I fuckin hate them rubber air ducts,what a pain in the ass to get back in,longest part of the job :)

:)

• Agree Agree x 1