which track?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by crin, May 28, 2012.

1. crin

crin Active Member

Just about to book my second trackday but can't decide which track. I've been watching loads of YouTube vids but can't make a decision.

I loved Donington and wouldn't mind doing another one there at all. What an awesome track! But where do you guys recommend?

-

2. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Cadwell , amazing circuit, just to get air born over the mountain!

3. colsy_85

colsy_85 New Member

I second Cadwell. Definatley my favorite. It is awesome. I love nearly every corner.

4. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Cadwell for me as well, it's a joy to learn and ride....... And the mountain is just amazing :D

5. scooby

scooby Elite Member

if want somewhere different to donny,then oulton without a doubt.
    failing that,angelsea,awesome little track,super grippy,little bit technical and bloody nice place on a sunny day.(not so much on a bad day,has to be the worse place to be if it's wet/windy)

6. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

oulton park or cadwell for me.
    i dont like donnington ,because of the pointless melbourne loop, where everyone seems to knock each other off.

#6 r1monkey, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. crin

crin Active Member

I love Donington and even the loop! My favourite corner though has to be coppice; The blind right after Mcleans but the whole track is on point. I'm more into the fast flowing track than the slow technical one

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Anglesey great track, as is Pembery.

Oulton will prob be my next track to try due to so many people saying how good it is

• Like Like x 1
  9. pablo

pablo Active Member

Brands GP and Oulton are great fun but IMO Cadwell, Snetterton and Anglesey are better value for money (though add to your journey).

10. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

Silvers - just for the fast, open stadium feel; takes a while to learn though.

Oulton Park; fast & a bit scary in parts but has a massive grin factor.

I think Croft is a nice simple track but nothing mich happens there these days.

Anglesey - but its like the place at the end of the world if its wet/windy.

I'm really not a Cadwell fan; its not novice friendly & can bite!

11. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

I am going to give a shout out for Anglesey. lovely track, great surface, new pit complex, good spectator viewing. Love it! have booked there for July 27th. Anybody else doing it then?

12. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

iv never done a track day before - was thinking of going for the starter sessions..for beginners.. if such exist?

13. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Cadwell might be a bit much fir a second day, if you liked donny do it again, but their all great it's horses for courses!!!!

14. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

All I can advise is book with No Limits trackdays, No Limits Trackdays - Serious Tracktime and go in for the novice class for starters. You can always move up to the inters if you feel happy. They offer great instruction and are a really down to earth bunch. In terms of circuits, I have only experienced Anglesey, Cadwell and Oulton. All 3 are superb.

15. Brym

Brym Active Member

If you like fast flowing tracks Silverstone is great on a blade did it last month. My fav is still Cadwell but its ery tight compared to Silverstone which feels massive.

16. crin

crin Active Member

Without sounding to cocky - I'm pretty good lol. Which leads me to the next question: can I get them to put me in inters on only my second trackday? I mean it was dangerous last time in novice group - we were going 100+ mph faster than some of the " old boys" and alot faster than the rest. Should have asked to move up but thought someone would just tell us to. Didn't happen.

17. colsy_85

colsy_85 New Member

You can go in which ever group u like mate, just lie about how many days u have done on the form n no Q's will be asked...if you think u are pretty good drop ur self in the fast group for what probably will be a wake up call ;) the average rider will feel comfy in inters (in my opinion of course)

I did caddy for my first track and had no problems, i would recommend it. If u can learn at caddy u will be fine everywhere else :)

18. crin

crin Active Member

Yeah definitely not fast group level yet but was sure I could give most in the inters a run for their money. I used focused last time but might give no limits ago, unless anyone can recommend anyone better?

19. shanes

shanes Active Member

focused events are good , i joined 2 or 3 of their days in Spain when i was living there .