Who’s had their COVID jab?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Boothman, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Black & White

Black & White Well-Known Member

This is not how it works my friend.
    If you're going to issue big fat ol' red Exes, it's incumbent upon you to justify those bad boys & not run away.
    If you cannot come up with a reasonable counter response, then I think you should make busy with the 'undo rating'.
    The 'Disagree' rating should only be used 'in extremis', in my opinion.
    You should undo your ratings, unless you can prove they're fair. So prove them or delete.

2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

No will not do that, if I click agree I do not need to tell you why I agree, same works for disagree, I disagree with your point of view, as I disagree with all anti-vaxers, live with it, I don't want to turn this thread Into a farce about anti-vaccination, as that's not what the thread is about :(
    BTW, feel free to give me as many disagrees as you like, I don't give a sh*t about who disagrees with me :D

#82 SimonRR, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

No anti vaxing from me, just feel its been blown out of proportion now. The elderly and vulnerable have had their jabs, let's get on with it. If we wait for all the variants to disappear we'll be waiting years. Sturgeon has just delayed their lockdown easing.....Boris hasn't got the bollocks for that though I don't think. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Don't get suckered in on the ratings game. Nobody cares. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

"Disagree"

:p

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Black & White

Good one!
    I was concerned because I thought too many 'dislikes' got you booted off automatically?
    There was that religious nut job a while back. I don't know if he got the gist & buggered off, or auto-booted?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Black & White

Fair play fella, and I respect your point of view.
    You might see from another recent post that I was mainly concerned about the consequences of a 'dislike tally', and if it operated on the same lines as 'downvotes'.
    There have been loads of different comments on this thread. I added mine on the understanding that it would be against popular opinion, so was prepared to take some reasoned flak. I can take being told I'm wrong, if shown why.
    People have been good enough to read mine, and I'm interested in reading different opinions.
    I'm not anti-vaccination in the slightest. Had my BCG & everything! (+ others when I went abroad)
    I am anti-false reporting though, and suspicious of drug companies that think it's OK to run involuntary child sterilisation programs in Mexico, for example.
    Johnson & Johnson have just been done for having asbestos in their talcum powder. This all makes me a bit wary, which isn't an unhealthy trait (unless I go down with Covid, of course!).
    Most of the large companies have been sued for millions for flouting the basics of the Hippocratic oath.
    The outcome I'm most hoping for is that there are no long-term side effects of the vaccine, and I believe independent peer reviews & analysis would clear that up.
    I'm very interested to hear reliable evidence that hasn't got self-interest as its agenda, nor based on claims of efficacy done 'in-vitro'.
    Perhaps it's just plain good fortune, but I have a very large family that haven't been devastated by the pandemic. I come into contact with a lot of people, and they and their families have been just as fortunate. In fact, I only know one person that has suffered badly, and he has internal organ problems that disallow him from taking any medication at all. Poor bugger can't even have a beer!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Had both my Jabs.
    1st (Oxford) one was done by a lovely young nurse :) at my local Surgery, was chatted to while she did the business never felt a thing, got a plaster, told not to drive for 15min if I drove myself there. Felt like shit a few days later.
    2nd was done last Thursday, again by a lovely young nurse, but what a masochist she was:( no chat injected me like Fatima Whitbread chucked her Javellin, had spasms shoot across my arm, to the point she said "I've never seen a reaction like that before", then I got pulsing down my arm, to which she said "ah well it it persists for more than 48 hours contact us"! ...No Plaster either, I asked about not driving for 15min she said "nah you'll be fine to drive now" ! Took 2 hours for arm to stop pulsing.

But no other reactions as yet !

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Had my second jab.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical of dogma. I have read some amazing articles - articles dismissed out of hand as conspiracy theories, as easy as that with no counter argument.

But still, I have had my course of jabs - .".......and if we be in the wrong, then so be it; I will fall with the fallen." (Thomas Hardy)

• Like Like x 1
  10. dern

dern Well-Known Member

I deleted my response (I wrote it and then decided I couldn't be bothered) but you replied so what I put was… believing in the efficacy of vaccinations isn’t dogma. I believed that's what you wrote sounded like. I believe in freedom of expression but am very tired of people choosing not to have this vaccine due to whatever belief they have come up with. We need to get to 70% to 85% off the population vaccinated for the danger from this virus to be reduced for everyone. There are enough people who can’t have the vaccine that anyone who can have it should have it to protect everyone. I’m tired of this lockdown and it’s appalling that so many people have died. Not participating in the push to get back to normal regardless of whatever small perceived risk, either real or imaginary, is the height of self indulgence.

#90 dern, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I have my doubts about the whole story as presented to us - the narrative, dogma, whatever.

But still I have had my course of jabs without protest.

Does the jab confer immunity or not - is it effective ? if so then what are you worried about ? you have immunity/ partial immunity as a result of your vaccinations and those doubters who refused do not.

Remember in the early days of all this how the narrative/dogma was that this was spread by a bat or a pangolin from the Wuhan meat market ? remember that ?

To question the dogma at the time was to invite accusations of conspiracy theory.

Does anyone in the World still believe that this was caused by someone eating a contaminated bat or pangolin ? no, that dogma has been dismissed by weight - or lack of - evidence.

Vaccines are without doubt a tremendous help against illness. But can they be as useful against man made bio-weapons that have been or will be created to avoid immune defense responses ?

Man made bio-weapons do not have to trundle along and evolve at the pace of natural selection, but can be altered into new variants with specific genetic characteristics. I am sure that will prove to be much harder to vaccinate against.

Not much we can do - just do not believe everything on TV !;)

Take care !

• Like Like x 1
  12. dern

dern Well-Known Member

Or the internet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Had the second jab , not much else to say o_O

• Like Like x 3
  14. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

20210611_125258.jpg 20210611_125356.jpg
    o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

16. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

I need to learn how to highlight lol :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Black & White

I am going to fly in the face of controversy here which must, in itself, raise the question as to why there is controversy.
    Why is it not cut & dried? Why is there doubt? The vast majority of the UK population have been vaccinated. Surely the only ones at risk are the unvaccinated - so fuck 'em!
    If you've had the vaccine you'll stop the spread, right? Can't catch it? Can't pass it on? No need to be tested ever again? Free to travel anywhere you like?
    Portugal had 68 cases compared with the UK's more than 1,000, yet they suddenly became risky? Really?
    Did anyone hear the BBC report yesterday? It said that of the people that 'died from Covid', 25% of them had been double vaccinated. They were fully protected, so can someone, especially those that say refusers are self indulgent. please explain these statistics? How have these people died of Covid when they were so selfless in their actions? @dern
    The Delta variant, formally known as the Indian variant (changed, for some reason), seems to be largely to blame for a reported spike, according to the news. Was it imported by anti-vaxxers?
    Let me throw this out there. We're a smallish group, but between us we know loads of people.
    The number of people I know who have died from COVID = 0
    It's a straw poll, and I apologise in advance if you have lost someone. I'm sorry.

18. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

The number of people I know who have died from COVID = 2

The problem with just letting those who won't vaccinate is that it gives the virus more opportunity to change, and the next variant could spread easier, be more fatal, and resist the current vaccines.

As for renaming the variants from the place they were first detected to just a letter, that happened because the WHO didn't want to "stigmatise" countries. Why they only gave a shit after India got one I don't know, and I don't recall us, South Africa or Brazil giving a shit about being named as the origin of variants.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Black & White

I meant to add this earlier. Mrs B&W has had her first jab & is lined up for her second, you'll be pleased to learn.
    I fully support her choice.
    No-one in her family has become ill from Covid, so her count from this poll is also zero.
    I wonder how many members there are here, so we can extrapolate a cross-section of the populace?

20. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

From home and work....

1 person from work (plus wife) had the full Covid in the first wave. We would speak on staff Zoom calls and he was fine except for an obvious loose chesty cough. It passed with no ill effects.

I person from another of our offices has had the full works - Covid twice and long Covid. That person has also had reactions to the vaccine including blood clots resulting in a mild stroke. That is still ongoing.

1 suicide in lockdown of someone from work - from my office - that was a big one. Learnt about that on a Monday morning staff Zoom call.