Why do we ride?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Feb 15, 2018.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I started riding because I always envied seeing bikers fly past my car on the North Yorks moors.

Also. I figured that chicks dig bikers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

A well-written snapshot. So true about the attention span and 360 degree observation, for without that we're candidates for casualties.

I think many of us also love the challenge: can I take that corner a little faster?; the prestige: for most of there is prestige attached to our ownership; and perhaps best of all: the camaraderie between us, whether Honda Vs Yamaha, or Repsol Vs HRC. If we're stuck on the side of the road, ANY motorcyclist will stop. Have that happen in a car and you're on the phone to AA.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Economy? :):):)

5. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Because Jesus rode a Triumph.

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Was it an 'Avenger'?:)

7. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I think it'd have to be a Rocket III. God definitely rides a Honda. ;)

8. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Unless it's the Repsol....... sasmokin.gif

9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

No he didn't.......jesus christ, superstar......came down from heaven on a Yamaha !!!

That was the kind of Nursery rhymes I used to sing :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I ride just to switch off .....just focus on the road, the speed , there used to be about 7 of us out at every opportunity but as with most things most give up,,,,,one went on to work for fast bikes and race ,others moved away, now I have to force myself to go out but when I am out I really enjoy it just go out 1st thing in mornings 7am get the loop done then back in again...don't enjoy riding. Here there and everywhere...just 2 of us left of the original group good to ride with people you trust and won't stuff it up the inside of you, I think I need to buy a new bike to get back into it had the blade 5yrs....used to change every year! I suppose it's called getting old,

11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Some fresh roads would invigorate your passion for riding, I used to do the same old loop again and again and it became very boring. I love going to new places and it doesn't have to be with riders I know. One of the reasons I joined the forum was to do just that, ride new roads and meet like minded people.

I see where your coming from when you say you need to force yourself to go out sometimes, I've had that feeling before and it normally happens when I've got no one to ride with :(

I started a thread a while ago....'calling all Manchester based riders' I had a pretty good response to it and now the weather is picking up the time has come to arrange the first ride out!!:)

A new bike is great an all, but it won't make you enjoy the ride any better. It's all about the camaraderie for me, along with having something in the garage I can tinker with and buy things for ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Well said, Paul. I'm heading out on my 'loop' this afternoon (shortly); Worcester and return. Shame I'm so far from Manchester; would gladly join you, AND make a headline act of HRCs.:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Only a couple of hours away Nigel.......I'll happily meet up half way one sunny afternoon!

14. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Well washed cars this morning around 1pm there was a moment of opportunity to get out , really enjoyed it rode over to a mates for a brew, good to get out, loomies on the A272 was packed, didn't stop in there maybe I should and talk to people.......

• Like Like x 2
  15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Loomies? Foreign to me; had to Google it. Nice set-up. Nothing like that in my area.:(

Have to talk to myself and ogle my bike from McDonald's:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

I like to get out early on a Sunday 6 am when there's not much trafic about ,forget everything in life , focus on the ride. makes me feel alive . Get to wherever and have the crack with others, bacon roll n brew then back home for BSB or MOTO GP :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Guess you'll be doing exactly that next weekend. WSB starts at Philip Island. Yay!!:):)

• Like Like x 1
  18. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Really. ......has it come round that quickly?? Can't wait......hope its not a kawasaki white wash!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think we might see a better showing from the Red Bull Hondas; Leon Camier in particular.

Dark horse will be Tores on the MV Agusta;). (Bit of split patriotism showing)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Ben Kingsley in the film Sexy Beast:

"it's the charge, it's the bolt, it's the sheer f..k off-ness of it all" :D