Why is Pedrosa still on the grid?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Kevin1, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

i know he is downsizing at the end of the year and he doesn't want to smash himself up. But, isn't his appearance on the grid just a waste of a works Honda?
    In circumstances such as this I think maybe a third works Honda should be introduced, just to keep DP sponsors happy and not rob the paying public of someone actually trying.

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Pedrosa serves a purpose and Honda have some loyalty to the guy. He's been a very constant rider for Honda through his entire GP career. This is the end for Pedrosa, he's off to be a test rider/development rider. Yanking him off the grid would only serve as a black eye for Honda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I guess contracts and sponsorship have a part to play. No Dani fan but it is likely he has not had full factory support since his announcement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

Yeah I guess he’s going round making up numbers now IMO
    Many years ago BT commentators always said at every race his advantage in races was he only weighed two stone soaking wet and had a massive advantage against others on the grid. Now he allegedly can’t get heat in his tyres as he’s too light. I think KTM have made a massive mistake letting Bradley go and replacing him with DP as a test rider as his weight and tyre heat issues will remain and not help KTM development

• Agree Agree x 2