Wrist pain

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by LowSide76, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Just a thought after resting it it ....ice is always good maybe get one of those squeeze balls to excerise it for me I watch redtube every night Seams to build up wrist strength

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

There are a few degree of movement in angle of the bars, not significant as like a track part but enough to make a difference.

The top yoke have a slot hole to accept locator on clip on, and the hole is bigger than the locator; at least on the 12onwards model top yoke; not sure about older coupon/yokes

Pegs I have adjustable rear set

3. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I was returning home to Milnthorpe from a day trip out with this forum to Aberystwyth, I’m guessing it was a round trip of 350miles ish. The last 80 miles or so were on the M6. It had been a long day and I found a pain developing in my left hand. It got that bad that I could no longer pull the clutch lever in and found that I had to stop twice in 80 miles to rest my hand. To this day I don’t know why it happened but it has never happened again since. Ironically I rarely use the clutch when on the move, either up or down. Nor did I have a QS then.

4. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

It could be tennis elbow. I used a mouse sander doing some DIY a couple of years back, the outcome was sever pain in the left arm. Using the clutch lever was extremely painful. Try wearing elbow support to help recovery

5. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

Well the bloody pain was back yesterday not as bad as before but still painful to pull clutch in. I've tried adjusting lever and what others have said . Its so annoying as haven't had it before on any other bike.
    Came about half way through day of doing a 350 mile tour around Wales.
    Also if antone uses calimoto it is shit for routes. We seemed to spend most of time down single track farm lanes with grit, mud ,branches and floods all over roads

6. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

Oh no thats not good. I would suggest a trip to the GP also.

350 miles on country roads is quite something on a Blade though, with that riding position. I'd be aching. Generally I only go out for 50-60 miles at a time.

Calimoto app.. I use it and its good round here (Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire).. I never set it to the super curvy setting though, thats when I get silly green lanes. Just the middle setting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emywmpb

Emywmpb Active Member

Perhaps if it was a lot of town riding with starting and stopping, the cable clutch lever might have caused an ache over time. Mine has always been a bit stiff to pull, despite playing with the adjustment.

I rode on a friends ‘Blackbird’ a few months ago which had a hydraulic clutch and it was silky smooth and took no effort at all the pull the lever. I almost wish the Fireblade came with one.