Wurth dry chain lube

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by mk3golfcab, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Black & White

Black & White Well-Known Member

Oiler.jpg
    I put the oiler cartridge under the back seat, routed the vacuum pipe up to the clocks & fitted a 'T' piece. The oil feed pipe was threaded through the frame, along the swing arm & then attached to a length of copper brake pipe (because the plastic one kept getting wiped out) & then directed to drip on the inside of the chain before it goes around the rear sprocket. That way, the oil drips on the inside of the chain & gets squeezed through the links to lubricate it thoroughly. The oil will then hopefully flick off the chain taking any dirt with it. My chain is never dry, always looks fresh & the only maintenance I do now is top the reservoir up once in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Black & White

3. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

I fitted a Scottoiler to my repsol and then transplanted that to the black edition. Got the sport version and dual injector from sportsbikeshop (my most favoured of supplier) - fitted under the rear seat, sleeved the clear tube in black nylon to make it less obvious, and the drilled and tapped the underside of the swing arm to capture a p clip and the injector. Bloody marvellous inventions - fitted one previously to my Daytona 650 and never needed to touch the chain in the 5 years I had it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Black & White

Totally agree mate, and also your sportsbikeshop comment. They're ace they are!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Black & White

6. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Great idea to stick it under the swing arm! The one experience I have had if they was one of my dad’s bikes had one once, it was dripping on top of the chain and going everywhere! Clean install too! Good work

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

These are the photos from when I fitted mine to the Repsol - changed the P Clip to a black one for the black swing arm when moved it on to the Black Edition

upload_2019-9-3_22-7-10.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_22-0-42.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_22-1-14.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_22-9-24.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_22-1-59.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_22-2-33.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_22-8-15.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Happy to help

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I guess these are all subject to fine adjustment. My earlier comment was one of ignorance (not unusual for me) in that I just see oil everywhere on the wheel and under sub frame. The principal though, is sound.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Black & White

@nigelrb. Yes mate. I won't lie. Overdo the oil & it does go everywhere. My side stand, chain guard & front sprocket cover all got a good coating. Had a few splashes on the chain side of the rear wheel too, but I occasionally wipe them with a cloth with WD40 on it to leave a coating.
    Am a bit paranoid about my chain as I had one break on my Firestorm. It wrapped itself around the wheel & locked it up, nearly had me off & flat spotted a perfectly good tyre. Reminded me of two stroke days!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

My bikes have been on wurth diet since mid 2000's and nothing else have come near it in my experience.
    Thought seriously about scotoiler only because of convinience but decided against it.
    Depending on your personal situation (time, motivation, lazyness) the process of cleaning & lubing means you get to inspect that section of the bike you normally don't and spot problems hopefuly in their infancy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Black & White

A good point. I will though contest this with the fact that any mechanical moving part works best with regular & constant lubrication, instead of 'a bit of oil until you next check & spray it' kind of regime.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Erm, and that's not only 'mechanical' moving parts!!
    Whoops, sorry, Loz.:D;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Ahh....good afartnoon Sir Les...
    Have you cited diplomatic immunity to return from Prince Habibobbo's Kingdom..

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, my fave forum member. Are you aware that your avatar changes from 'God like' to 'Allah like' while I'm here?:D

No need for the immunity due to my having a greater respect for the Burqha and hijab. No respect for the men though; they will not even stand for a woman on public transport yet revere them in so many other ways. Go figure. Seen no good bikes. They're all 250s with pizza boxes on the back which seems to be the Dubai version of Kriega. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Black & White

@Lozzy. You appear to be being portrayed in an unfavourable light, methinks. Your integrity is being sullied. Thou should protest!

18. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Ooo....I've just looked integrity up....it looks very boring o_O....I'm glad I don't have any

But thanks for caring...:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Black & White

Haha! You're welcome. Although integrity is the last bastion & the cornerstone of civilisation. Without it there are no morals.

20. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Are you Nigels love child by any chance o_O

If you're not sure...we can give you a quick Downvote & if your hair starts to singe we'll have the answer :D

• Funny Funny x 3