Yamaha/Honda love/hate

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by InsanitY, Jul 1, 2018.

1. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Size shouldn't be a problem :D

#41 SimonRR, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

I know but fuck that...I would not be doing that for the life of me:))) plus why do you think he's so careful and going just like a car.. and let me ask you what happens when he has to emergency stop?:))

Yes I have a remap and a suspension setup booked with Steve Jordan motorcycles on 11 August ..whether I will still take my CBR or another bike ..is still up for discussion :D

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Gee, I had to switch it to full screen to see if I could make him bigger!!:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Get yourself a Suzuki GSX-S1000(F) !

I had one and it had a seat height of only 810 mm. It was kind of nice, flat foot the thing around, and yet it was a 1,000 cc with a Gixer motor. Easy to move it around - properly hooligan sounding - went as quick as you will ever want to go on the road and then some. It had some clutch assist that gave a bit of throttle as you let the clutch out in traffic - blip the throttle a bit by letting the clutch out. Felt right at home on it riding around in a pair of Doc Martins !

You could ride that around easy and feel right at home. Fuelling needs a mod or remap - but you can buy good-nick ones cheap and spend a few hundred to sort it. If seat height is an issue, which closes down your options - then that is properly fun bike that you could manage easily.

Just thought - the BMW S1000R is quite low seat height as well if I remember.

Mulsanne Straight v2 resize.jpg

5. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

GSX-R is just the same 810mm which was the bike I felt the most comfortable while stationary so no need for the GSX-F:)) But it would be a shame to buy a bike just for that...What I want is basically to know if I can manage:)) I don't need to flat foot anything.. I'm not even close to it on a CBR but it doesn't bother me. Omg...seems like the best thing to do is go have another test ride..perhaps a longer/less angry one this time..possibly try out other bikes too..( its just that I don't need to change my bike..I bought it last year and its been amazing but the R1 still is the dream and it seems to keep dragging me back to it) :))

New BMW coming out soon can't wait to see the finish product but if spy shots are true...I hate the looks sooo much...I would rather have the first one.

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but I'd actually prefer the Citroen in the background!:)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Naz

Naz Active Member

Or...... you could get bigger heels on your boots to give you a bit of extra height..o_O

8. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

I'm with you on that one :D

I feel the funny comments coming :)) 0-100 real quick:))

9. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

You are not alone in that - people seem to like that 2CV.

You may as well get the R1. We have tried to talk "sense" - :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

I guess you’re right:)) we shall see

11. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Chaz is 5' 9" and on her tip toes here, so I guess 5' 7" is going to be a problem :(

29750041_2044869942422160_8213922878910813909_o.jpeg

#51 SimonRR, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  12. Spartan Andy

Spartan Andy Active Member

I am 5'10" and just manage to flat foot,

foot for InsanitY.jpg

13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I'm 5'8 and could nearly flat foot on the old R1 despite only having short legs. New one is too tall for me, Suzuki fitted me great and I can flat foot on that.

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Gee, the MM93 helmet is suddenly devalued atop a Yamaha rider!:rolleyes:

15. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

I know, I can’t reach both sides maybe the very tip...but I was using one leg when I had a test on it

16. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Wasn't on my shopping list when I was looking due to the height and tank range.

Riding into and out of the city I need get feet down too often to paddle around stationary traffic. The tank range would have done my head in as a commuter. One of my pet hates, filling the bike up on the way to work.

Have you considered the Ape RSV4?

17. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

I have never considered the RSV4 as there are far too many things I don't like about that bike..for starters it feels dated ..like 2003 kind of dated..Yes I'm aware that its a great bike and what not but I feel like they should step it up and come with a new shape.

I know what you mean ..I'm commuting on my CBR as well and even this with a far better tank range does my head in...I'm not bothered by how much petrol it eats just the fact that I have to stop to or from work to get petrol.

18. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I think you need a nice low car.....maybe a mini.....not to high to step in to and not to much power

19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Can't get much lower than this!!:D:D

Reliant.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. stupot

stupot Active Member

Just my opinion here fellas on the R1.

My mate has just purchased a 15 plate bike. I had a go and I didn't really like it. Seemed harsh and lumpy.

However, Speak to Simon at S-Tec performance in Berkshire. He is a Dyno expert and 99% concentrates on Yamaha bikes.

He has developed his own MT-10 bike which is pretty much a detuned R1 without fairings. He has it nailed, throttle connection and smooth is an understatement in all modes. Qs and blipper using the Woolich racing setup.

I will say though, my ride is a 2012 Big bang R1 and he only bench flashed my bike with a map he did recently on the same bike.
    It has transformed it.