Yamaha/Honda love/hate

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by InsanitY, Jul 1, 2018.

1. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Hmm melt the cat? why? all you've done is basically take the link out and put the cat back in..and the reflash but that shouldn't really melt it.

Also whats the db for the akra with the CAT out?

2. MPJ

MPJ Active Member

It's the reflash that can melt the cat. The cat is there with the ECU to allow it to meet emissions restrictions, to run very lean. Once you free flow the bike (de cat) you can adjust the fueling with the flash and get rid of all the restrictions, more power, smoother throttle etc but you can't just stick the cat back on without changing the ECU. If that is what you need to do go for the woolich software and you can do it yourself. I believe the akra and link pipe is north of 110 db. Have a look on the yamahar.co.uk forum, you have to sign up to view posts but you will learn a lot and probably save ££ in the process...

3. MPJ

MPJ Active Member

You can still get on tracks with a decatted R1 but just run the baffle, so Arrow, pipewerx systems etc...just pretty sure you can't get a baffle for the akra slip on. The new Akra that you buy as a unit with the link pipe does have a baffle.

4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yes I have to run the baffle on my decat arrow, 102db with baffle, to much for other TD'S wirh baffle out unless it's a noisy drive by at Donnington.