Yes, I finally bought one

Discussion in 'New Members' started by dmc12, Jan 9, 2019.

1. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

Nigel, can I ask what it is about the 04-07s that you like? I’ve not ridden older or more recent blades so - beyond contemporary media reports - not sure how they fit into the canon.

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Nice bike! Best of luck with it!

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

It's a clean 'symmetrical' bike. I particularly like the underseat exhaust which is a total contrast to my first impressions back in 2004 (and earlier with the MV F4) because we expected to see chrome pipes beside the swing arm. They just looked bare at first impressions.

Now though, I see them with a clean and distinctive look. For me, and I have said this many times now, the 2004 - 07s are roomier than the later and current Blades. Sure, we're talking only a few milimetres from seat to bars and seat to pegs, but I prefer the riding ergonomics over the later machines - and you'll note below that I have a couple. This is very subjective though. What is ideal for one person is crap for another!:)

Performance wise, they might be a smidge down on the bhp of later models, but they have very responsive and predictable throttle control and are not compromised by intrusive (to some) electronics.

One good resource for your familiarisation is this great site which I've linked to the 2007 model:
    https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cbr1000rr_07.htm

• Like Like x 2
  4. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome !