Yoshimura baffle bamboozlement

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by dmc12, Jan 18, 2019.

1. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

My bike has come with a Yoshimura GP Force pipe fitted (and a Power Commander 3, no idea what map) but am I right in thinking that the baffle seems to have been removed?

It’s certainly bastard loud, at least as loud as the Akra pipe on my 650 which gloriously failed the noise regs at Bedford.

My evidence, beyond the noise, is the difference between the stock image of the pipe and mine - no central smaller hole - i.e. no baffle?

Which then raises the question - has anyone tried to get a baffle for one of these after the fact? Where could I get one and would I be in a world of pain trying to fit it?

I’m looking to use the bike primarily for track so noise is an issue. And I would be loathe to add weight and reduce power by going back to stock (the original exhaust was also supplied).

Attached Files:

2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Look at your's and see if there is a hole already there in which case your only problem would be locating and buying a baffle o_O

Yoshi_Screw.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

There's a variety of baffles available on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcyc...m=253790034367&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226

I'd actually purchased a couple to quieten my Yoshi R77, but found that I'd have to be drilling through the can to secure it with the set screw. Hopefully, yours might already have a hole.

Not sure whether this might interest you; big job, and I suspect without guaranteed results acceptable for track.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

Thanks Nigel and Hitch - you inspired me to start digging online :D

Part of the issue with those standard baffles is the shape of the GP Force can - pointing down at the end - which means a straight baffle wouldn't fit. I finally managed to track down the part number for the baffle - here:
    http://shop.yoshimura-jp.com/files/expansion/1A0-499-54-2_con.pdf

But you can't find it anywhere in the UK, I spoke to Calsport and they said they'd have to order from Japan - would take 6 weeks :eek:

I might have better luck finding one in europe, but it won't be as cheap as a generic baffle on Ebay unfortunately!!

5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Well that sux...you'll have to set up a search on ebay and get it to email you if any turn up.

Or buy a new end can!! :eek:;)