Your favorite Trackday Organisers

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Remal, Feb 19, 2012.

?

Your Favorite track day orginizer

1. Focused Events

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No limits

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Hot Trax

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

#1 Remal, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

Had nothing but problems with focused events. Putting people in the wrong groups. Refusing to change peoples groups and they have a real shirty attitude to you. Its like they are above everyone and they are the kings of the road.

Only used FE and no limits. No limits are awesome. Swapping groups is no problem, I had to when i blew up my 600 and a mate lent me his bike. The trouble with that was he was in inters aswell as me so I moved groups. When at mallory I sold my spot as it was pissing down and only had road rubber, no wets. It was like a monsoon. It had dried up by the last session so they let me out for free. (I stayed as i had about 20 mates with me)

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Interesting, heard the same re wrong groups from a mate who does loads of TD's a year.

prob never had that issue when I did my Pembrey TD as their was only 40 people on track all together. Only 8 in the novices including me.

But will give No limits a try this year. Again heard only good things about them

4. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

If they are busy they move people about so they can sell 100% of the spaces. They come up with some crap about safety. Its not safe putting a fast inters or a fast group rider in novice. It causes mayhem! The faster ridder gets pissed off and ends up riding round mobile chicanes.

5. barry107

barry107 Active Member

I've used;
    MSV (the missus bought me my first TD with them) no real issues.
    Focused events, again, no real issues.
    No limits, real laid back, fun and approachable. I've used them a couple of times and I will do again this year.

Others;
    Lydden Hill circuit, it's run by themseleves and the same approach as No Limits. Even got a lift in the van of shame (Highsided of my bike :rolleyes:) Used them the most.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

No Limits are far better and as its been said real appproachable............Better value too as they aint got all the Big Names to fund.......We did a Silverstone with Focus and i would say the M6 had less traffic that afternoon..! and in comparison No limits will run your full 20 min sessions and wont worry if "lunch" starts at ten past one !...........

7. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Why The F..K did i just vote for Focused Events ??? Lol.........

8. kev.b

kev.b Well-Known Member

I think Hottrax are pretty good . :)

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

vote for them. seems no one has yet?

10. Villan

Villan Active Member

Whate happened to jamie whithams speed freaks? They were good! 15 years ago lol

11. crin

crin Active Member

I had a good day with FE. Things ran smoothly for the most part. The thing that really p1ssed me off was their blatant favoritism of the fast group because there were a few big names in it. They were a few mins from the end of their session when they were red flagged and the clear up was fairly quick. They were restarted and got another full session!
    When the same thing happened to us 10 mins in we didnt even get a restart TWICE! Admittedly one of those involved a guy turning his zx into something resembling a baked bean can and a ride in the ambulance.

Would still use them again for right track/dates but keen to try another company.