CRC track faring fiting advice to 2014 model

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Trackit, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

So I bought some CRC track fairings, quite pricey but seem good quality. Has anyone else fitted CRC fairings to their bike that could help with some questions before I start cutting the belly pan to fit. I would like to keep the belly pan as it came if possible so am trying to figure out which parts need replacing to accomdate easy fitment.

1) Side stand and mounting bracket including gear lever needs to be removed, possibly new rearsets with a different mounting position for the gear lever?

2) Standard exhaust silencer has to be replaced unless you cut the fairings, I have a damaged Akropovic end can and link pipe but even they look like they will get in the way of the belly pan. Which exhaust are they expecting you to fit for their belly pan?

3) I've kept the standard subframe and ordered the "STOCK" tank cover and seat unit, what are the 2 holes at the end of the seat for ? There are no holes on the subframe at that point to attach it?

I've sent an e-mail asking the supplier but figured someone on here may have been through this already and could offer advice, I hate cutting up a £200 belly pan if I don't need to.

Attached Files:

2. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

So after doing a bit of reasearch I found this link:
    https://www.1000rr.co.uk/threads/anyone-with-crc-fairings.9947/
    You need to drill 2 holes into the subframe to fix the seat unit in place.

As for the exhaust, well I'm still looking for some pictures to sort that out as it looks like I'm going to have to cut a big chunck of the belly pan away, almost in half, this is to accomodate the CAT and link pipe.

• Useful Useful x 1