Not for sale.

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by CharlieR85, Dec 3, 2018.

1. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

*NO LONGER FOR SALE*

It was registered and delivered to me by van from Hunts Manchester on 06/02/2016. It's never been ridden in the wet or salt.... I was so particular about that I convinced Hunts to forgo the test ride on the pre delivery inspection because I didn't want it out in the wet/salt during Jan/Feb. As such it was delivered to me with 0.1 miles on the trip and 0000 miles on the odo.

Bike has approximately 7700 miles on the clock all covered by me on road, no track days. I'm unsure of exact mileage as I've removed the battery for the winter. I will edit this to be exact mileage soon.

I have added:

King carbon hugger.

HEL racing lines front and rear (twin front).

ASV full length black levers with red adjusters.

Custom comfort seat made by bootleg bike seats of Preston with gel insert. (original seat included).

Rear seat cowl from the SP model (rear seat unit included).

Zero gravity corsa clear screen (original included).

Eazigrip tank grips.

R&G paddock stand bobbins

R&G tail tidy

Bike has always been stored in my (internal to the house) garage and meticulously cleaned and dried with a bike dryer.

It has Bridgestone S21s currently with decent life left in them. I also put a new battery on at the start of this year.

Since the 600 mile service at Hunts I've serviced it at 1000 miles (I don't trust dealerships) then every 12 months. So it's had the 600 mile service and 3 services by me. The service I did at the start of 2018 included Air filter and fresh brake fluid (with the new braided hoses). I lay my bikes up for the winter and service them sometime at the beginning of March for the new riding season so it's due its next service March 2019 and will also require its first MOT in Feb 2019 (if it doesn't sell this winter I will be doing the MOT in March/April when the weather picks up). I have always serviced it with silkolene Pro 4, K&N oiler filter and Honda Air filter.

My bike is immaculate and as such I'm asking £8200 considering it's extras. I would consider an offer on this if you viewed it and found something wrong, in which case I will deduct the cost of putting it right.

I'm selling because I want to move away from sportsbikes and I've got my eye on a new Triumph Speed Triple. I won't be ready to buy the Triumph until May as I need to save the difference so I'm not in any rush. My bike has been put to sleep for the winter and I'm more than happy for it to stay like that if there's no interest. It will only be advertised on this forum until March time, after that I will advertise elsewhere also.

Here is a link to my write up of the custom comfort seat. https://www.1000rr.co.uk/threads/bootleg-bike-seats-preston.31527/

I don't want to swap it and I don't want to sell it without a viewing. Bike is located at WA12, PM me if you want to swap numbers so we can arrange a time to chat. I would only accept a bank transfer which would have to clear whilst we wait.

If anybody wants some detailed photos I can wheel it out of the garage and do that as required.

Got any space left in your living room @nigelrb ?
    Screenshot_20181203-200138_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181203-200046_Gallery.jpg

Attached Files:

#1 CharlieR85, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Sorry.... Just so I'm not accused of being unclear, the bike was registered February 2016 but is on a "65" plate and is model number "CBR1000RR-F"

3. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Very tidy bike Charlie , by the way your not far from me , but I'm not allowed any more bikes :rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Damn shame I haven't. Had to do serious juggling to squeeze in the aprilia!

Have a soft spot for Repsols too (despite the HRC Vs Repsol rivalry:))

You're correct though. Right up my alley. Low mileage and mint condition, and a nice list of mods/additions without going overboard.

I truly hope it goes to a similar caring owner because such a bike should not suffer neither elements or dickheads.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

You buy it @nigelrb and store it at mine ;)

#5 Selmer50mark, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I really would love top do a deal on storage somewhere. Most is horrendously expensive.:(

I know you're too far away, and there might be a hazard that @PauloHRC might do some night visiting (prior to baby watching:D) to rat all the good parts off it:(. So, if you decide to move to sunny West Midlands, we might revisit this:D:D.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Thanks Mark/Nigel. I've already got the thought in my head that this will be my "one that got away." Wish I had the money and space to buy the Triumph but keep the blade cosied up too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Are you not aware of the blurred line between impulsiveness and rationale?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Haha I know. My 2 ideas to turn a 2 bike household into a 3 were well and truly mulled over but just weren't feasible. If I was living your bachelor lifestyle the blade would have been in my living room by now without doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Mines been on here for a couple of months now and not a sniff so good luck. I'm waiting until January/February and then will start to advertise elsewhere.

11. raphael

raphael Elite Member

That’s tempting! Looks smart mate glws

12. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Hi Spooner, yes I saw your advert. I wonder if your corrosion on the engine casing is holding it back? It would certainly not do for me. Other tips before you advertise elsewhere, get rid of the picture you have of the bunch of keys attached to your bike key. If they have marked the top yoke that will put some people off. How come you had new chain and sprockets at such low mileage? Properly degreased and lubed chain and sprockets will last 4 times your mileage. Lastly, I think with yours being an ABS model selling on this forum might be tricky considering the 100s of pages of ABS problems 2 clicks away.

I have faith mine will sell, there won't be one better than mine anywhere in the country.

#12 CharlieR85, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  13. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

The chain wasn't my doing, previous owner clearly didn't look after it. The keys were just whilst I moved it out for the pics, I only ride it with the ignition key there no other keys attached to it.

I think there is a bigger bike market from the midlands north and i'm right on the south coast so half my selling radius is just water!

• Like Like x 1
  14. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Yes that makes sense about your location. Have you considered a trade in? Are you getting something else?

15. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

I would never trade in the price you get offered is laughable. But no i'm not getting anything else anyway only reason i'm selling it is because i'm giving up bikes otherwise i'd be keeping this forever there isn't any other bike i'd swap it for.

16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Well, think VERY carefully. I have had some communication with the seller of my aprilia, and he is still unsure that he did the right thing in selling the bike. Too bad, so sad! :(

He's not getting it back from me:) Once the deal's done it's done!!

17. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Its OK I'm making the right decision. It's just too focused and sporty for the miles I'm doing. I'd rather be on something with more comfort and with a little less haste.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

GLWS looks mint, don’t go down the trade in route got offered 10k for my 2018 SP 1200 miles pmsl that makes your repsol 4K ha ha it’s a joke

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

This might be of interest to @Singh1000RR who was recently (posted a couple of days ago) looking at 2017 SPs;)

20. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Triumph offer
    I was offered £7k by Triumph against the speed triple. Which I thought was too low to accept but not too low to insult me. £10k for yours is insulting though.

Tbh I'm very close to changing my mind on this now, I took the covers off it yesterday for a bit of Mr Sheen and thought this is too nice to let go. I think an expectant wife and two 12 year old cars on the driveway is giving me the collywobbles too!