Tail tidy for 2011 blade

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by mk3golfcab, Oct 2, 2019.

1. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

hi guys, in my search for something different to the RG tail tidy for my 2011 I’ve stumbled across this:

Honda CBR1000RR 2010-2016 Fender Eliminator tail tidy https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/200890940655

Has anyone got one? Or any experience of them? The seller seems very helpful and I like the fact that it seems to project out of the rear much less than the R+G ones. The only sticking point is they do two sizes and ideally I need one that will take a standard plate for MOT time and a smaller plate for everyday riding lol.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

After speaking to the seller it seems the 254 is the maximum it will hold before a plate covers the indicator lenses. He sent me some dimensions and I think I can get away with a 7x5 plate without the tidy being easily seen (I normally run an 8x6 as it’s legal for the amount of letters/numbers I have on my plate)

Whilst the r+g is a viable option it seems to stick too far out for my liking. This one goes behind the mount as opposed to in front of it which I prefer. I haven’t seen many other brands available with the exception of evotech but at £120ish it’s more than I want to pay!

Ironically I found this via the forum last night on an old post, I can’t remember the members whom posted but I can imagine they are long gone from the forum now.

I think for £80 delivered I may take a punt.

• Like Like x 1